The Goat Spot Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
229 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just switched over to straight talk for my cell phone and I HATE it with a passion. I'm paying for unlimited talk and data which 99% of the time I can't use because it doesn't work. My phone says I don't have service or Internet connection. Even when it says I have service (which is pretty rare) I still can't download music or anything and the Internet is unreliable. When it first started giving me problems (which was minutes after setting it up) I had to go back to the store and I was told that the person put the sim card in upside down. :headshake:
Well now it's right side up and it's still being a piece of...poop. :headbash:
I seriously want to smash my phone. It couldn't possible get any more useless.
Sorry, I just needed to rant a bit. Before straight talk I used my phone ALOT and it's frustrating to not be able to use it at all.

·
Super Moderator
58,847 Posts
That is the problem with cheaper phone services. I have Verizon and it isn't cheap but I get service everywhere I am. Verizon is the only one in my area that can give me full service so I will never change.

Hopefully you can figure out how to get better service from them.

·
stonebrokefarm
158 Posts
My husband has Straight Talk and we have a problem with voice mail coming through.....

Straight Talk uses Verizon towers though.....that is why we went with it.

·
Registered
104 Posts
I've been having straight talk for about a year now and it has never given me any trouble. When the Internet is been slow I just reset my APN/VPN setting and it goes back to normal. Here in Texas straight talk uses AT&T towers.

·
Boer Lover 4 Life!
2,991 Posts
We have AT&T becuase that's the only phone company we could get good 3G service with out where we live. We ahd tried Verizon, Sprint, all the other big names before this and they just didn't work.

·
Registered
1,920 Posts
Both my hubby and I changed to straight talk. I did it probably over a year ago and love it! The trick is to get a phone that works off of the verizon towers. Not all of their phones use verizon towers, but some do. You can tell by the way the number code ends or ask the store worker where you go to buy it. We live in the mountains so service is was not too great when I had verizon because my phone was an older touch phone. Once I changed to straight talk it was amazing/better service then before with the same towers. Now there are still places on the farm that the phone does not work well but neither does anyone's verizon phone because the mountain is blocking the signal.

Side note is though that they are very hard to deal with if something goes wrong or if you need to get a new phone changed over to it.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts