Anyone good with the Pooch Test?

Discussion in 'Kidding Koral' started by ArizonaGirl, Jul 21, 2008.

1. ArizonaGirl

ArizonaGirl New Member

How far along does a doe need to be before you can tell she's pregnant via the pooch test? I've got pictures of two goats who have been run with a couple bucks, and I want a second opinion on whether they're pregnant yet or not. (They've been with the bucks for about a month and a half)

Attached Files:

2. StaceyRosado

StaceyRosado Administrator Staff Member Supporting Member

Oct 4, 2007
    NJ
    2 months plus is the best for me to tell

Eventhough those pictures arent the best I am going to say yes they are pregnant.

I dont know what breed your first doe is but she sure is cute

3. goatnutty

goatnutty Active Member

Oct 9, 2007
    South East,IN
    I agree with Stacy about the 2 months but I would say they are both bred as well.

4. ArizonaGirl

ArizonaGirl New Member

Thanks! Sorry about the quality of the pics, they were all I could get just yet. (I'll have more pics pretty soon, but I think I'll be able to figure them out now :shades:, lol! I wanted to make sure I was on the right track :)

5. capriola-nd

capriola-nd New Member

Jul 6, 2008
    Northwest Oregon
    Yep, they both look bred to me. I can tell if they're pregnant via "pooch" at about 3-4 weeks. It is not a big difference then but it is slightly longer, their teats also look a little longer to me then as well.

Not sure what all is in your doe but she looks like she may have just a teensy bit of Boer. She looks a little like some of my cousin's Boer, something about her face.

6. ArizonaGirl

ArizonaGirl New Member

Cool, that's good to know :)
    So, Maybe Speedy had one Nubian/Boar parent and one Nigerian parent? Or something, lol :scratch: She came from a rescue, so I don't know who her breeder is.

7. kelebek

kelebek New Member

Oct 5, 2007
    South Texas
    I would say that Speedy is definately - not sure on the other.

I would also guess that Speedy has Boer, Nubian, and maybe some Alpine for the markings down her face. She is a CUTE girl!