The Goat Spot Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Iv been trying to find a better source of hay. I have to buy hay from TSC and Timothy hay for my bucks cost $20 a bale! That only last me 3 or 4 feedings. If you have any hay for sale please let me know. I would prefer Timothy or Bermuda hay and I live in Saltillo, Mississippi.

·
Goat Crazy!
6,481 Posts
Look around for a different feed store. We have a local family that runs a farm supply store. They have a list there of local hay dealers and their prices! You can also look in any local "free" sale ad magazines or websites or on Craigslist. Heck, you may even find a supplier in the newspaper. Keep looking - and don't give up!

·
Registered
1,757 Posts
Craigslist and KSL are where I buy my hay. usually there is lots of options.
I looked in your area on craigslist and found quite a few different options, mostly round bales. Didn't find anything on ksl though.

·
Registered
3,990 Posts
Saltillo about 250 miles from here. I just got wind of some bermuda round bales about 30 miles in other direction.
Will post how it turns out.

·
Registered
3,990 Posts
Thank yall so much, I willingly definantly look around on craigslist and in the paper.
I got two 5x6 foot round bales of bermuda, still smells good. $55 dollars each about 1200 pounds each.
Now the goats have been out of good hay for so long, they just pick at it!
They only had 11 bales left. Will start cutting winter grass as soon as ground dries a little. They can haul up to 30 round bales for $2.50 per loaded mile.

·
Registered
3,990 Posts
My problem now is, how the heck do I store a 1200 pound round bale of hay? We got one into what I call the barn(one of those metal carports you see advertised for $695). Out side round bale area waiting for me to somehow set a 10 foot 6 inch long piece of telephone pole into hole. No tractor and nothing above it to help lift.
All ideas will be thoroughly pondered.lol

1 - 12 of 12 Posts