Anyone have a pig?

Discussion in 'Other Pets' started by Hailee's Herd, Oct 1, 2009.

1. Hailee's Herd

Hailee's Herd New Member

Oct 5, 2007
    Michigan
  2. ProctorHillFarm

ProctorHillFarm New Member

We HAD one- my husbands idea- she even lived in the house..... :sigh: ......lets just say she found a new home!!! :roll:

3. KW Farms

KW Farms Moderator Supporting Member

Jun 21, 2008
    Wapato, WA
    He's adorable!! We have two pot belly pigs. They make wonderful pets. I raised my 5 yo sow from a 6 week old baby and she will roll over for you to rub her belly and just loves attention. The other one I have is a few months old now...I got him as a buddy for my other one. They are really neat little animals, but I wouldn't keep them in the house. I have heard of people potty training them and such, but I don't think I would like them in the house as indoor pets. Mine roam on around 7 acres and just love to browse for roots in the soil and take a mud bath now and then. :wink:

4. liz

liz Well-Known Member

Oct 5, 2007
    Shelocta PA
    Awwwwww! Cute Cute Cute!!!!

5. RowdyKidz

RowdyKidz Senior Member

Apr 2, 2009
    NW Ohio
    Aww! So sweet! I will be getting a market hog for 4-H next year. :wink:

6. AlaskaBoers

AlaskaBoers New Member

May 6, 2008
    Wasilla Alaska
    standard 1,000+ lb sow, she's due in 16 days! :greengrin:

but no potbellies.

7. whatknott

whatknott Member

Feb 22, 2008
    Pennsylvania
    I've owned potbellies for nearly 20 years. Some are good in the house; some are not. I start mine in the house but eventually move them outside. Your little girl will need to be neutered if she stays in the house. They come into heat every 21 days and she will forget her housetraining when she does.

8. toth boer goats

toth boer goats Moderator Staff Member Supporting Member

Jul 20, 2008
    Corning California
    nope ....never had one....but Aww....so cute... :love: :greengrin:

9. Hailee's Herd

Hailee's Herd New Member

Oct 5, 2007
    Michigan
    Thanks everyone.
    Mine is actually a male and he is fixed. We are going to keep him outside when he gets older. Does anyone have any pictures of their pigs?

10. toth boer goats

toth boer goats Moderator Staff Member Supporting Member

Jul 20, 2008
    Corning California
    your welcome.... :wink: :greengrin: :thumbup:

11. Haviris

Haviris Member

Oct 7, 2007
    I have one, she's awsome! Her name is Broom Hilda, she'll turn 1 year old on Halloween. I got her when she was 3 days old, she spent her first 4 or 5 months in the house, but is outside now. She knows a few tricks, and will learn somemore once I deside what I want to teach her.

I would say they can be awsome pets! But they aren't for everyone. You have to watch that they don't over eat and get to fat, they like to root and need a very secure pen to keep them in.

Here are some pics of my Hilda,
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

12. KW Farms

KW Farms Moderator Supporting Member

Jun 21, 2008
    Wapato, WA
    Here is one of my piggies...Bubba. :wink:

13. capriola-nd

capriola-nd New Member

Jul 6, 2008
    Northwest Oregon
    Oh, my goodness, SO CUTE! Everyone's pigs are so, so cute! Makes me want one! I know of someone in our town who had a potbellied pig in her house for years, the only reason she owned a house was so she could keep her pig - but her pig died recently. :( Old age, I think. She had her house-trained and I think she even did tricks. I would definitely make sure he doesn't get too much food and get too big.

14. jduwall

jduwall New Member

Aug 7, 2009
    OMG he is so cute~~!!! I love piggies...my mother had one and we loved her so much...I am sure you will have a blast with her...have a blast... PS...they loved being scratched behind the ears....ours used to make little grunting noises when we scratched her...loved that

15. Hailee's Herd

Hailee's Herd New Member

Oct 5, 2007
    Michigan
    Awww, everyone's pigs are adorable!!! My cousin got one too. He definately likes going outside in the barn.