The Goat Spot Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
155 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My family is looking for a Young ayrshire bull calf or just an ayrshire bull period to breed our dairy herd. We heard ayrshires have good blood lines so we are more than interested if anyone has one!

·
2,203 Posts
My family is looking for a Young ayrshire bull calf or just an ayrshire bull period to breed our dairy herd. We heard ayrshires have good blood lines so we are more than interested if anyone has one!
Registered or grade? And quality show lines or heavy family milker? I may be able to point you the right way if you're looking for show stock.

Your best bet would be to look for semen honestly. Much wider bloodline range and you have proven bulls to choose from.

·
Registered
155 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
My farm isnt familier with A.I ing cows so i doubt that would work for my dad haha but heavy milker blood line would be best......we arnt wanting it for show cuz we only breed for milk but of that's the only place u can get ayrshires then I'm all for it! We just really would like some aryshire blood line!

·
2,203 Posts
My farm isnt familier with A.I ing cows so i doubt that would work for my dad haha but heavy milker blood line would be best......we arnt wanting it for show cuz we only breed for milk but of that's the only place u can get ayrshires then I'm all for it! We just really would like some aryshire blood line!
They have great sales each year. Contact your state Ayrshire Association for a better idea. AI is very wide spread and very simple to find someone near you that carriers semen. It actually is cheaper, safer, and more efficient (space, time, and money) for the farm.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts