The Goat Spot Forum banner

Anyone have experience with Purina Goat Mineral?

1K views 13 replies 7 participants last post by  elvis&oliver 
#1 ·
I recently purchased Purina Goat mineral (for all life stages). Prior to this one, I was using MannaPro.

I wanted to ask what color the contents are supposed to be? I opened my bag and everything seemed really orange. ManaPro obviously has a grayish color and I used it all the time before. I just got really skeptical because of it... Also would like to hear anyones experience with this brand of mineral in general.

Any tips or advice would be great! My flock consists of Kiko Goats.

#4 ·
I recently purchased Purina Goat mineral (for all life stages). Prior to this one, I was using MannaPro.

I wanted to ask what color the contents are supposed to be? I opened my bag and everything seemed really orange. ManaPro obviously has a grayish color and I used it all the time before. I just got really skeptical because of it... Also would like to hear anyones experience with this brand of mineral in general.

Any tips or advice would be great! My flock consists of Kiko Goats.
Manna Pro does not work well on its own. In order to use it, it takes a buttload of supplementation.

#12 ·
Yes, it's a new mineral blend for classy goats in need of some fine alcohol to spruce up those rainy days and nights. It is especially marketed to tired does with kids that are too energetic, stressed bucks during a long day's rut, and it's a lovely tasteful addition to a posh adult goat *mineral* tasting party. Purina WINE and rain, come n get it goaties!!

DISCLAIMER:

For adults goats of legal age only. Underage goats are prohibited from use of this product.

[emoji23][emoji23][emoji23] I crack myself up.
Just give the kids a little, it will settle them right down and they will sleep all night.

#6 ·
We purchased a bag of Purina all life stages because we were out of mineral and we couldn't seem to find any around anywhere at the time. My goats HATE HATE HATE this mineral. I've since gone through another bag of a different brand of mineral and the purina is still around. I've been mixing a bit into their sweet grain treat at night and when bend my face near the mineral in the bottom of the can to pick it up I now understand why they hate it. It smells terrible. Very vitamin like smell but not in a good way. I'll never buy a bag of this again as it's a waste of money if they won't eat it.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.