The Goat Spot Forum banner
1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
7,603 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have 3 kinder goats, 2 does and a buck. In the process of doing research in getting into the meat end of things, while still keeping my does for milk purposes I came across several articles that stated they are a medium breed, weighing between 100-125 lbs.... Um at most mine weigh 50 lbs?? I think I got taken somewhere there. I am just wondering if anyone else out there has small kinders. My buck is the biggest of all three and and stands about 25". So if they are supposed to be that small, um how can they weigh 100-125 lbs.... All my clan eat well. The milk doe is on the skinny side, however so was her sister for awhile. I got her sister Peppermint back in February, and I got Patti June 2nd. So she should fill out:) I'm just confused, Maybe I really don't have kinders, they are not papered or anything.... Their milk is sure good though:)

I'm also considering just going strictly with oberhasli's and selling off my others. Reason being I know they are mid-size, they are a lot friendlier, as my kinders, and Nubian/Lamancha does are a little on the skid dish side, especially the kinders. I know for a fact that the kinders didn't come from a real good home, I mean they were fed etc... But basic care such as hoof trims were not a priority, and they have gotten better since being here, so that is what is holding me back from making my final decision, as I am attached to them now. I know oberhasli's are not a meat breed, but if done right I suppose I could give it a shot:) I'm the only one that works with them, and takes care of them so I would be going from 8 goats down to 5, that is also another reason, it would just be a bit easier... Sorry for rambling...

1 - 1 of 1 Posts