The Goat Spot Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
7,609 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone on here have kinders? I have read several places where they should be about 100-125 lbs? I have 2 does and 1 buck at at best they are 50lbs each, the buck might be 60. What is normal? Would this mean I have mini kinders?

·
Registered
409 Posts
I have a yearling buck and he is only 60

I have a yearling doe who is 53 plus is raising a singlet doeling, I dont think they get much bigger, please correct me if aim wrong, these are a milker of mine, and a buck that needs to sell

·
Registered
7,609 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I have a yearling buck and he is only 60

I have a yearling doe who is 53 plus is raising a singlet doeling, I dont think they get much bigger, please correct me if aim wrong, these are a milker of mine, and a buck that needs to sell
Okay!! I think I'm good then cause I was thinking I had a mini kinder, don't even know if there is such a thing. I think the stats online are wrong since you have the same breed, and the same weight. I'm not looking to sell mine really. I have 2 does and a buck. I'm just looking to get into the meat side of things really, but not quite there yet. I milk my does:)

·
Registered
409 Posts
I dont think there is a mini kinder, good luck with raising them, im just in it for the milk. But i still hvnt milked, and let her raise her baby

·
Registered
7,609 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I dont think there is a mini kinder, good luck with raising them, im just in it for the milk. But i still hvnt milked, and let her raise her baby
One of my kinders is due late next month. She is actually my "queen" milker behavior wise that is. I will share with the kids after 2 weeks, put them in a different pen at night and milk her in the AM. Their milk is delicious. I'm milking her sister now... So good:) Good luck with yours too. I'm still debating on the meat side of things, not sure as I get attached to them quick!

·
Registered
409 Posts
Breed them to a medium sized boer buck and you would get amazing meaty babies as well as sweet milk from momma, its a win win situation

1 - 6 of 6 Posts