Anyone have Lamancha's?

Discussion in 'Dairy Diaries' started by janeen128, Jul 13, 2014.

1. janeen128

janeen128 Well-Known Member

Dec 31, 2012
    Edgewood, WA
    Well, I decided not to get either of them. I do believe 12 goats is enough, and with 4 standards and 2 kinders milking next year I will have plenty to keep up with.. I would really like to get a Lamancha or 2 though, so maybe if I find ones after the kinder clan sells I might go then. I hope no one thinks I hate my kinders, I do not, they are good goats, but not practical for my needs is all, but I won't sell to just get rid of them. I actually bought them for $50.00 each in milk. Neither of them were in great health when I got them but, they are healthy now. Maybe I am asking too much for them... I'm asking $150.00 bred and was asking $125.00 in milk, maybe I should lower that.

2. canyontrailgoats

canyontrailgoats New Member

Jan 4, 2014
    western montana
    Of course we wouldn't think that :). If the goats are impractical or holding you back, the best thing to do is sell them to someone who COULD use them...

3. Suntoo

Suntoo Member

Nov 13, 2013
    Southern Nevada
    OMG!
    I have to say that's hilarious!!
    :ROFL:

4. happybleats

happybleats Well-Known Member

Sep 12, 2010
    Gustine Texas
    Many of us change route and need to sell those who do not fit the program....Im sure you love all your goats :grin: The price you are asking sounds more then fair for a healthy bred or in milk goat....be sure your add "talks then up" give lots of details and the picture should show them well...head up...standing alert...ect...

best wishes

5. Jessica84

Jessica84 Well-Known Member

Oct 27, 2011
    California
    Your price is very fair. I bet with that price you will be able to sell after they kid. To be honest I never pay extra because they are so called bred. Without a ultrasound the buyer can't be for sure they are actually bred. Also with them being kinders I as a buyer would worry what they are bred to. Now I know you for sure know they are bred and what they are bred to I'm just saying if I came across a add that's what would go threw my mind. But for $125 in milk.....you'll get that. I just saw a nd in milk go for $120 at the sale so you are asking a very fair price. You'll get more money in the long run if you let them kid out any ways ;)

Sent from my iPhone using Goat Forum

6. janeen128

Dec 31, 2012
    Edgewood, WA
    Thanks everyone... I think that I will make more if I wait until they kid out...

7. janeen128

Dec 31, 2012
    Edgewood, WA
    Oh my, I just looked and they are up for sale still... I just lost my Nubian doe on Friday morning, and honestly I don't need another goat, but this is so tempting.., but I loved Mitzi my Nubian, and already emailed the lady I bought her from to see if she has any for sale, if so I'll go that route, if not then maybe I'll get these Lamancha's, and then I might be getting a Saanen doeling next weekend. I will be selling my kinder girls after they kid, so I will still only have 6-7 girls, which is a good #. I'm going back to driving school bus so I'm going to have a lot more time with my clan;-)

8. Trickyroo

Trickyroo New Member

Sep 26, 2012
    New York
    Ive been asked - Dem fightin goats ? :GAAH: :-o :ROFL:

9. lottsagoats

lottsagoats Junior Member

Dec 9, 2012
    Middle Maine
    :GAAH:FIGHTING GOATS?????? OMG...people can be sooooo stupid

10. janeen128

Dec 31, 2012
    Edgewood, WA
    Yep they can Lottsagoats.. Well, the lady with the Nubians has some for sale, however I won't be picking her out until after the Washington State Fair is over, so I'm passing on the Lamancha's. I'm also getting the Saanen doeling on Saturday... Hoping to breed her to a Nubian then she will have creamier milk;-)

11. Trickyroo

Trickyroo New Member

Sep 26, 2012
    New York
    Yep , true story lottsagoats :)

12. SugarBush Farms

SugarBush Farms New Member

Apr 19, 2012
    Southwest Michigan
    I started with two when I was five. Now I'm up to eleven and looking at adding another doe plus I'm breeding six to kid next spring and one to kid in July. Plus the kid I'm possibly buying may be ready to breed next year.
    My family is just kind of like "Seriously? Another goat?"

I have mostly LaManchas and I love their personalities. They're nice milkers and adorable. Though one of the 4-Hers at fair got yelled at by a woman be cause she thought we cut the ears off of the goats. The 4-H member that was getting screamed at was 13. I had to shut the woman down because she wouldn't let the poor girl get a word in.
    Love my LaManchas(Though I love all my goats)

13. milk and honey

milk and honey Senior Member

Oct 30, 2010
    Everett, WA
    People can be so weird!!! I have one lamancha and a mini Mancha (her daughter) and I love them both!!! I'm selling off my NDs cause they don't work into my plans. Oh, I also have a deposit on a lamancha X ... (Thanks trinity dairy goats!). SO excited to get her!!!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Goat Forum