Anyone Have Recent Dealings with Promisedland Nigerians?

Discussion in 'Business Buzz' started by mnspinner, Sep 5, 2012.

1. mnspinner

mnspinner New Member

Aug 13, 2008
    I know the Harrells decided to close up shop on their goat biz and had a sellout, but just wondered if they are out of goats completely or what. Their website has not been updated since last spring.

2. LilBleatsFarm

LilBleatsFarm Premier Colorado Nigerian Dwarf Breeder

Jul 18, 2012
    Colorado
    Last I spoke with him he had no goats left.
    But you never know.

:shrug:

3. KW Farms

KW Farms Moderator Supporting Member

Jun 21, 2008
    Wapato, WA
    I don't think there's a thing left. Once they started pricing individually...those goats went fast. But i'd just give them a call and see for sure. They aren't good with getting back with you by email.

4. mnspinner

mnspinner New Member

Aug 13, 2008
    Thanks for the update. I wasn't interested in getting a goat, just curious. I know the Harrells' health hadn't been optimum for some time. It's sad though, as they were one of the heavyweights in the breed and contributed some outstanding animals.

5. RunAround

RunAround New Member

Feb 17, 2008
    Massachusetts
    They totally sold out a while ago. Keith is doing fine and does a TON of Zumba now and it skinny compared to what he use to be!! He looks good.

6. WhisperingWillowNDG

WhisperingWillowNDG Nigerian Dwarf Breeder in TN

Jul 20, 2011
    Calhoun, TN
    I purchased 2 does from them this spring. They said at that time that they had only a couple kids left, and that they would sell quickly. I purchased RC Rain Drop & Sharp Cloey. Dill's picked up Moonshine, Macarena, and a buckling River Dance. Halo also sold the same week. I think they are completely out as Marie was due to have major surgery the next week (back in March)

7. kristinatucker

kristinatucker New Member

Jan 3, 2012
    I actually just read that Keith passed away last night. If anyone is in the area and wants funeral arrangements let me know.

8. LilBleatsFarm

LilBleatsFarm Premier Colorado Nigerian Dwarf Breeder

Jul 18, 2012
    Colorado
    thanks for letting us know.
    Someone posted he was doing Zumba and I figured he must be doing great.

9. WhisperingWillowNDG

WhisperingWillowNDG Nigerian Dwarf Breeder in TN

Jul 20, 2011
    Calhoun, TN
    He was. It's quite a shock. He had lost quite a bit of weight, started zumba and even became a certified zumba instructor. As far as anyone knew he was healthy. Marie has not been well... my heart goes out to her.