Anyone have some good news to share?

Discussion in 'The Chatter Box' started by redneck_acres, Aug 18, 2009.

1. redneck_acres

redneck_acres New Member

Oct 17, 2007
    Idaho
    It's been a bummer of a summer here lately-so i'm going to start posting some good news and hope some good luck starts soon. My dad and I both got a full-time job at the same place and on the same shift. My family has been going through a crisis lately-so it's about itme something good happened. Share your good news :).

2. Epona142

Epona142 The farm that Hope began

May 25, 2008
    Madisonville, TX
    Congrats!

Let's see...good news.

Well, we just finished our pen for the goats! It's small and temporary, but it works. I posted about it in Goat Frenzy.

We have food on our plates, a roof that belongs to us, gas for our car, jobs, healthy pets, we're healthy as possible.

All things to be grateful for. :thumbup:

3. AlaskaBoers

AlaskaBoers New Member

May 6, 2008
    Wasilla Alaska
    congrats to both!

hmmm, just sold everything but my high percentage boers..out went the nigerians, cashmere, 50% boers, alpine and genemaster.
    Just started Sophomore year and enjoying it. and the fair this year looks promising!

hope everyone esle is having a great summer

4. sealawyer

sealawyer New Member

May 31, 2009
    Dew, Texas
    Did you do well on your sale, Katrina? Our Association has it's sale at the end of September and I'm working on the ads now. Work, work, work, and no play. I hope you did good, a lot of the Boer goat sales here in Texas are showing a reduction in earnings.

5. AlaskaBoers

AlaskaBoers New Member

May 6, 2008
    Wasilla Alaska
    no sale. it was just me..lol. no i'm the only boer breeder within an hour at least...not many here. the only auction is the 4-H one and thats labor day weekend.

6. sweetgoats

sweetgoats Moderator

Oct 18, 2007
    Peyton CO.
    Briana, That the good lord for the jobs. It is a true blessing in this economy.

Good News, Well I have a waiting list for my 2011 babies. I have had to decide to breed more does then I wanted to just so I have enough to sell

I sold 22 goats.

I got my Gracie back :cool:

We got as new horse. :stars:

My husband was diagnosed with diabetes early and we are getting it under control with diet. (It is a blessing we cough it in the very early stage and it is treated with diet) and not meds.

The lord has blessed us with LOTS and LOTS of rain. So we are out a 7 year drought.

7. RowdyKidz

RowdyKidz Senior Member

Apr 2, 2009
    NW Ohio
    Both does I had bred, settled for the Fall! :wahoo: :dance: :clap: :leap: :cool: And :coffee:

Congrats on the good news everyone! :stars: :greengrin:

8. redneck_acres

redneck_acres New Member

Oct 17, 2007
    Idaho
    That's cool! Congrats. I hope my does all settle this year-although my mom's going to be stuck with most of the delivering this spring as my dad and I will both be at work;-). Unless they kid on a Thursday and Friday.

9. grandmajo

grandmajo New Member

Oct 14, 2008
    Pioneer, Ohio
    Well, hubby visited the oncologist on Tuesday, his CEA (tumor protein blood marker) dropped alot! From 60.1 down to 32!!! The CT scan showed everything was stable too.....WOOHOOO!!!! The oncologist is in full agreement with the surgery to remove the spleen after he completes chemo and is helping us get a consult set up!

10. liz

liz Active Member

Oct 5, 2007
    Shelocta PA
    Though my hubby lost his job of 16 years, I still have mine and he has been able to do odd jobs regularly, we have a roof over our heads, a plentiful garden, milk is continuing to flow, I met a wonderful new friend that loves her goats as much as I do , I will be adding a beauty of a doeling to my nigi herd soon and I still wake up breathing..lol

Even when things happen that can get us lower than the gates of h e l l there are always good things to raise us up!