The Goat Spot Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hello, I am new to the world of goats. Actually don't have any yet. :(
But am hoping to get a couple for milking, I have been doing some research and think I have decided to go with the LaManchas, that is if I can find a breeder. :)
I don't have to have an adult who is in milk, sorry don't remember the correct terminology.
(although that would be nice), a couple of babies would do.

Anyway in the meantime I am glad I found you all and will be doing lots of research here to learn as much as I can. Hope you don't mind lots of questions. lol

Theresa

·
Premium Member
28,343 Posts
Hi there Theresa, welcome to The Goat Spot!!!

There are a couple members from NY state. Let me check here:

scroll down to the NY breeders.
http://www.thegoatspot.net/viewtopic.ph ... c&start=30

there is also a member not on that list that lives in NY, can't remember her user name just yet, but if I do I will let you know.

I am in Southern NJ but I maybe able to help you find a breeder.

I would contact some of those members and they may know of a breeder who has Lamanchas as well.

·
Registered
52 Posts
Hi Theresa,
We have a small Nigerian Dwarf herd here in Albion, NY. Don't know where in NY you are but I know there is at least on Lamancha breeder in this area. We saw them at the Mumford show last fall, and lingered by the pen for quite a while. They seem to be a very sweet tempered breed. I just googled "lamanchas in NY" and got several hits. Maybe contacting one of them can put you on track to finding your girls.

Gina
PS. Welcome, I hope you find this site as valuable as I have!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts