Anyone here from NY?

Discussion in 'Introductions' started by tberggren, Jan 30, 2008.

1. tberggren

tberggren New Member

Jan 21, 2008
    hello, I am new to the world of goats. Actually don't have any yet. :(
    But am hoping to get a couple for milking, I have been doing some research and think I have decided to go with the LaManchas, that is if I can find a breeder. :)
    I don't have to have an adult who is in milk, sorry don't remember the correct terminology.
    (although that would be nice), a couple of babies would do.

Anyway in the meantime I am glad I found you all and will be doing lots of research here to learn as much as I can. Hope you don't mind lots of questions. lol

Theresa

2. StaceyRosado

StaceyRosado Administrator Staff Member Supporting Member

Oct 4, 2007
    NJ
    Hi there Theresa, welcome to The Goat Spot!!!

There are a couple members from NY state. Let me check here:

scroll down to the NY breeders.
    http://www.thegoatspot.net/viewtopic.ph ... c&start=30

there is also a member not on that list that lives in NY, can't remember her user name just yet, but if I do I will let you know.

I am in Southern NJ but I maybe able to help you find a breeder.

I would contact some of those members and they may know of a breeder who has Lamanchas as well.

3. alyssa_romine

alyssa_romine Breaking Dawn Ranch

Oct 4, 2007
    arkansas
    Welcome to TGS. It's okay if you dont know correct termanology(sp) I think you are looking for either kids or dry does. Lamacha's are gorgeous

4. luvmygoats

luvmygoats New Member

Dec 1, 2007
    Western New York
    Hi Theresa,
    We have a small Nigerian Dwarf herd here in Albion, NY. Don't know where in NY you are but I know there is at least on Lamancha breeder in this area. We saw them at the Mumford show last fall, and lingered by the pen for quite a while. They seem to be a very sweet tempered breed. I just googled "lamanchas in NY" and got several hits. Maybe contacting one of them can put you on track to finding your girls.

Gina
    PS. Welcome, I hope you find this site as valuable as I have!

5. goathappy

goathappy New Member

Oct 5, 2007
    Illinois