The Goat Spot Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

· Dave (TDG Farms) S.E. Washington State
4,806 Posts
Thats a bit of a drive from where I am (Tri Cities, WA.) but I maybe the closest to ya that I know of. Dont hold any wethers past Sept. so will not have anything available till next spring. Can look us up though if you like. http://trinitypackgoats.webs.com

If you are just looking for some cheap wethers, I can check the ADGA directory and see if there are any breeders closer to ya. You will need to make contact with them if there are to catch em before the kidding season so they dont castrate em to soon.

· Registered
41 Posts
I ran into some hunters in the Hoback Junction area that rent packgoats from a guy in Rigby ID. They had a Saanen, Ober., and a couple of Alpines with them. It sounded like he has a decent size herd. Sorry, they mentioned his name but I can't remember it.
Denise

· Registered
32 Posts
HUKLEBRY

There is a very outgoing young man by the name of Jake Thomas in Idaho. I want to say he is in the Boise area but im not sure. If you go on the web to a site called Jared Scott Outdoors you can watch some video of Jack Thomas with his goats packing out some really nice mule deer. Click on the big game hunts video section and then scroll down to the hunting with packgoats. There are two videos. Jack has an Email address posted at the end of the second video. I think its ( [email protected] ) . Jake rents out pack goats and if you can reach him he might be a good contact for finding some potential packers in your area. Good Luck.

Just a side note- I have three Alpine weathers form Dave and Tracy at Trinity PackGoats in Benton City WA. My goats are strong, handsome, healthy and intelligent. They are young and still in training but have preformed Awsome for their level of capability. It is a long drive five hours from Boise to the Tri-Cities but if your willing to invest the time and effort they will have some great looking little guys to choose from in the spring. Good luck with your Goatpacking adventures.

Curtis King Burbank WA. 509-539-0982

· Registered
30 Posts
As I was looking for my first goats in this area (St Anthony) NO ONE could tell me if their goats were free of CAE. I tested 2 "packgoats" and one had CAE. I bought mine from Carloyn Eddy and have been very happy with their temperment and size. I have also had a few kids of my own.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.