The Goat Spot Forum banner
1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
4,162 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello everyone!
I guess this is a new part of the forum.
I figured I'd start it for Florida!
I am 5 minutes of Sanford in a little town called Debary. (Volusia county)
I know we don't have many other people in Florida on here...
I have nigerian's, purebred registered & not registered.
I also have A few nubians. Only one registered.
What else do you have and where at in florida are you?

·
208 Posts
We're near Brooksville, Florida. We moved here 8 years ago specifically to have a hobby farm and raise goats. We were in Sarasota for 30 years, but grew tired of the dead restrictions and super high property taxes.

·
Registered
4,162 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
We're near Brooksville, Florida. We moved here 8 years ago specifically to have a hobby farm and raise goats. We were in Sarasota for 30 years, but grew tired of the dead restrictions and super high property taxes.
Ahhh:)
Nice to have you on here!!
Do you show?

·
208 Posts
Show, no. My girls are just pets, and internet stars :D
We have thousands of people every month watching them on our web site..,

·
Registered
4,162 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Show, no. My girls are just pets, and internet stars :D
We have thousands of people every month watching them on our web site..,
Awesome!:)
Well goats are goats and no matter what, they're amazing<3
Even if your baby's birthday is today and she wouldn't give you a kiss!-_- lol

·
Registered
21 Posts
Hi
We are Flairs Fayre, south of Miami. We have a mixed herd of Saanens, LaManchas, and Nubians, all registered or recorded grade. We sell milk, whey, and cheese (according to the State of Florida, for Pet use , not for human consumption), and goat milk soap.
We have 4 bucks- 2 Nubians, a Saanen and a LaMancha (he plays soccer and jumps through a hula hoop!).
www.flairfayre.com

Light Goat Fawn Goat-antelope Horn

typed on my little tiny keyboard

Attachments

·
Registered
4,162 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Welcome Capra!
You're on the other side of the state from me but I know a few breeders down in south Miami!!:)
That's awesome!

·
Registered
22 Posts
I'm in Ft. Myers with goats, but commute. Part time (goat less) in Kissimmee -3days a week, then down to FM for 4 days as hubby works down there. Barbara with Goatsgalorefm!

·
Registered
4,162 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Welcome to TGS!!
Do you have a website? I'd like to check it out.
And I guess I should post mind lol.

Tipsytfarm.weebly.com

·
Registered
102 Posts
Hi everyone, I'm new to the forum and new to goats. I just got my first two Nigerian does. I live in Loxahatchee, It's in Palm Beach County. There are not a lot of Floridians on this Forum, and It will be nice to get to know all of you.

·
Registered
4,162 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Hi armortrails! Would you like to tell us a little more about your nigerian does? Where you got them from and such?:) welcome to the forum! I'm sure you will love it & find it really helpful!!

·
Registered
102 Posts
Hi Emilieanne.
Well, lets see.
I have only had them about two weeks, and I love them. They are the sweetest animals. They are only 9 weeks and 10 weeks old.
I have had horses, cows, donkeys, but never any goats. In fact, I really wasn't ever interested in getting goats. Until, I met a lady down street that has Nubians.
I got some milk from her one day, and was shocked that it tasted so much like my cows milk. I had been missing my cows milk ever since I had to get rid of her last year.
I never even considered that goats milk could compare. I knew as soon as I tasted their milk, I was getting some goats. However, I never expected to like them so much too.

I did a lot of research, and decided to go with a smaller breed than Nubians. Although, I love her goats, I really wanted to start small. I didn't want anything as big as my mini donkey.
She recommend a person she knew with Nigerian dwarfs. I went to see them, and I came home with two does.
I have been learning so much on this forum, and looking forward to learning much more and getting to know all of you.

·
Sheffba
72 Posts
We live in Alachua, Fl and have 3 goats and new babies on the way :)

·
Registered
102 Posts
Hi Sheffba
Congratulations on your upcoming babies. I can't wait to have babies and milk too. However, since mine are still babies themselves, I have a long wait.

·
Registered
4,162 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Well guys, it sounds like y'all are both really really excited for this amazing journey! Just to give you a little info about my self, I am 16 and have had goats since I was 9. I just started showing them around 4 years ago & I don't know what I would do without my animals.

I actually show February 6, 7, 8, and 9 I'm Tampa at the Florida state fair.
You don't not have to be a kid to show your goats either ;) if you ever are thinking about trying it, don't hesitate at all!
I can tell you I have met so many great friends, built some really strong bonds with people & my goats, I've also just genuinely learned a lot about goats overall, through my goats!

When your does kid, I don't think you will ever have a happier feeling especially if you get to be there for the birth!

I'm so excited for you two in this journey & can't wait to hear all about your experiences! :)

·
Registered
510 Posts
I live due west of Orlando in Winter Garden and have the 3 Nigerian Dwarfs (none registered), 14 chickens and 4 dogs.

I need to do some pics and show my lovelies off. They are so much fun. I never realized that I was so much fun to climb / jump on. Billy and Sabbie (1.5 months old) are great for massages.

I love the pic above with the tennis ball horns. :ROFL:

1 - 20 of 33 Posts