Anyone in WI on here show?

Discussion in 'Show Circuit' started by rebelshope, Sep 30, 2008.

1. rebelshope

rebelshope New Member

Sep 20, 2008
    Wisconsin
    I am just wondering if there are any Wisconsinites on there that show, eps. nigis.

2. eliya

eliya New Member

Not me. To much exposure to diseases. I do go to one show a year to just watch and help - the Northern Wisconsin State Fair ADGA show. I learn a lot there. I'd love to meet you there if you ever go!

3. rebelshope

rebelshope New Member

Sep 20, 2008
    Wisconsin
    I am as southern as you can get and still be in WI :) Where up north is it?

Do have your herd evaluated some how?

Does WI have more disease prevalence than other states?

4. eliya

eliya New Member

No, WI doesn't have more diseases than other states. I'm just picky. :greengrin:
    The Northern WI State fair is in Chippewa Falls (Near Eau Claire).
    I would love to have my herd evaluated by HES or a program similar to LA, but MiniNubians are not recognized by AGS or ADGA so those programs are not available for us. MDGA is working on some programs, but we haven't worked on that one yet. There is a 'virtual' show that the registry is putting on. That has been very informative, interesting and fun. A judge places the goats using photographs of the goats. It is a good way to get another opinion on my goats with out exposing them to other animals and lots of stress. You can see MDGA's Virtual show here: http://goatshow.50webs.com

5. rebelshope

rebelshope New Member

Sep 20, 2008
    Wisconsin
    That looks like fun, but I have Nigerians. I didn't see a class for them. I really like your mini Nubian. It was a really hard choice between the mini nubies and the mini nigis.

Maybe I will head up for that show. I would like to show off my girls. I need to get some better pic up on here and see what others think of them.

6. eliya

eliya New Member

The virtual show is put on by MDGA which is the registry for the mini dairy goats that are a cross between a standard breed and a Nigerian (MiniNubian, MiniAlpine MiniSannen, MiniTogg, MiniOber, MiniMancha). Since those are the only breeds they register, those are the only ones there are classes for. Maybe someday AGS or ADGA will have something like this for Nigerians.

7. jordan

jordan Fall Creek Farm

Nov 22, 2007
    Wisconsin
    I've got the WI show schedule up on my site. I don't have all the judges yet, but the dates and locations are there.
    I will be having my ND only show in Monroe, WI on May 30th. Monroe is about 40 minutes west of Beloit. Come and join us there, I think you'll have alot of fun (you can follow Abby there). There will be people from IL, IA and the LaCrosse area attending as well. Should be a good turnout. We had over 70 ND's at our first show and are hoping for 100 or more at this one.
    The Janesville show is the week before, but almost none of the ND people like that show (they tend to treat us like red headed step children). Cruddy fairgrounds too... In other words, don't try to get your feet wet at that show, it will leave a bad taste in your mouth.
    There's a show in Portage the 3rd weekend in May. I don't attend that one anymore because I found a show in Illinois I like better and for me the distance is the same.
    Hope this helps! Let me know if you have any questions or need any help.
    Lois
    http://www.fallcreekfarm.net