Anyone looking to split copasure (copper)

Discussion in 'Goat Management' started by 4kids, Apr 22, 2010.

1. 4kids

4kids New Member

Jul 21, 2009
    I need to buy copasure to bolus my girls for copper. Anyone want to split an order? I live in CT.

Thanks
    Jen

2. RunAround

RunAround New Member

Feb 17, 2008
    Massachusetts
    FYI, I did this last year or the year before with two other people from here and it worked out great :). It's an awesome way to get the copper you need with the supplies for a lower price by spitting it. I can also vouch for Jen. She is trustworthy. ;)

Probably what you guys should do is go through valley vet and get the capsules and copasure and then split it however many ways you need. :)

3. sweetgoats

sweetgoats Moderator

Oct 18, 2007
    Peyton CO.
    I went to my local feed store and bought a bolas. It cost $1.95. You do not have to buy them in bulk. I bought the one, opened it up and re-capsuled them in gel caps to give the goats.
    That is the cheapest way to do it.

4. RunAround

RunAround New Member

Feb 17, 2008
    Massachusetts
    Stores around here don't even sell copasure in containers :(

5. crocee

crocee New Member

Jul 25, 2008
    Northeast Arkansas
    No one around here offers them either so I had to bite the bullet and order them from Jeffers. I have shared with a couple people so far and still have some left. Folks with small herds and limited budgets sometimes can't justify the cost. I ordered with the intent of sharing to help defray it on my end and help others that need it. I only ask that they pay the shipping(usually $4.95 flat rate box or less if I send it the other way as I try to be cost effective) and $1.50/each for the bolus. I don't charge for repacking or I can send the whole bolus as I did for another member.

6. sweetgoats

sweetgoats Moderator

Oct 18, 2007
    Peyton CO.
    Ask for cattle Boluses. That is all I use.

7. crocee

crocee New Member

Jul 25, 2008
    Northeast Arkansas
    Everyone in your area may have been looking for them and had the feed store order a container or 2 to sell individually. I was getting the Sustain III calf sulfa bolus from the vet at $2/each. The feed store ordered the container and I get what I need from him for $1/each. Thats a buck cheaper and I don't spend the extra gas to go the 20 miles to the vet.