The Goat Spot Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I need a buck rag to check my does to bring my does into heat earlier this year. I have a 4 month old solid red boer bucking that Im trying to sell if anyone is interested lol, but I need a buck rag badly! The breeders dont want to keep my does any longer than it take to hand breed her to a buck...they want me to bring her in standing heat, yay!...not as easily done if you dont have any means to bring her into heat. I know how to check it but I would like all of my does to come in around the same time period. Or does anyone know where I could buy or get one! Thanks!

·
Goats of da UP
1,142 Posts
A buck rag can't actually bring your doe into heat. It merely is a tool to check to see if she IS in heat. Does who are in heat react very strongly to the scent of a buck, compared to a doe not in heat. Some does can be rather quiet about their heats, but a whiff of buck can make their tail start flapping away, along with other signs!

·
Registered
1,113 Posts
What they are probably wanting you to do is use a cidr implant. You put it in about a month before you want to breed, on day 21 give a pg100 injection, then the next day, pull the implant and she should come into heat within 24-48 hours.

·
Registered
7,609 Posts
A buck rag can't actually bring your doe into heat. It merely is a tool to check to see if she IS in heat. Does who are in heat react very strongly to the scent of a buck, compared to a doe not in heat. Some does can be rather quiet about their heats, but a whiff of buck can make their tail start flapping away, along with other signs!
Curious, what are those other signs? I have one who totally is a silent about her heat cycle, and I'm going to be doing hand breeding this year, but my does and bucks will be about 300 ft apart. Would I just go and get the buck if I see a lot if tail wagging? Thanks! Don't mean to hijack the tread here...

1 - 5 of 5 Posts