Anyone still breeding??

Discussion in 'Goat Frenzy' started by Amos, Feb 18, 2011.

1. Amos

Amos New Member

Oct 2, 2008
    Minnesota
    We've been very late on breeding this year.. Our last doe was bred the very beginning of Feb. and we still had one doe that we never caught in heat.
    Well with the full moon and the cold front, our Nubian doe Nota went into heat! She is a Gemini after all, and the moon cycles are perfect for it right now!

The buck hasn't been showing a whole lot of interest but maybe with a little wine and some Barry White, he'll get in into his thick skull! LOL.

Who else is has been breeding really late?

2. TinyHoovesRanch

TinyHoovesRanch New Member

That would be me, still have a few more to breed her, but I have nigis, so They are still having really strong heat cycles. I didnt want to have such late kids, but meh oh well

3. toth boer goats

toth boer goats Moderator Staff Member Supporting Member

Jul 20, 2008
    Corning California
    My yearlings are old enough now to breed ...so ...they are being bred late....... I am with ya... :wink: :hi5:

4. myfainters

myfainters New Member

Oct 29, 2009
    Lancaster, CA
    My yearlings are being bred next month and then a couple more are being bred in May and June! :)

5. jodief100

jodief100 New Member

Jan 15, 2011
    I breed year round. I like to have kids available whenever a customer calls and with a market meat herd that can by any time.

6. Amos

Amos New Member

Oct 2, 2008
    Minnesota
    I'm glad I'm not the only one then! With standard dairy goats I've never had one cycle this late before! I guess we got rather lucky this time around.. If the buck decides to cooperate.

7. goathappy

goathappy New Member

Oct 5, 2007
    Illinois
    I have a few Oberhasli does that I didn't breed that have been coming into heat, but I don't want July kids so I'm not breeding them :p We only have one buck left in rut as of now.

8. KW Farms

KW Farms Moderator Supporting Member

Jun 21, 2008
    Wapato, WA
    I'm still breeding, actually just started getting does bred in January. We are looking at June through August babies...maybe even later for those that don't settle.

9. farmgirl42

farmgirl42 New Member

Jan 2, 2010
    Eastern Ohio
    Just finished breeding three yearlings. Of course, it took until the third one for the buck to decide this was really a good idea! LOL But, I think (hope) he managed to get the other two.

10. Dreamchaser

Dreamchaser New Member

Oct 29, 2008
    Camp Verde, AZ
    Me I guess. LOL I have been trying since January. I don't know what my girls are doing!

11. Amos

Amos New Member

Oct 2, 2008
    Minnesota
    Well, she was bred! But not to the buck I wanted. Cliff is no longer in rut so I resorted to a buck I didn't really want to use, but I couldn't pass it up since this has to be her last cycle.

Good to 'see' ya Sarah!

12. StaceyRosado

StaceyRosado Administrator Staff Member Supporting Member

Oct 4, 2007
    NJ
    I dont like breeding this late but I just bought a doe and she is now bred for mid July kids hopefully if she settles.