The Goat Spot Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
157 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Curious if anyone here has experience with them. I'm planning to order one this week. I have multiple reasons for choosing one. All reviews I've found online have been positive but you never know if they're legit or not. Just curious what your experience has been. Thanks

https://advantagefeeders.com/

·
Registered
11,199 Posts
I have only seen and read and hear wonderful things about them. I don't have one and I don't think I'll make the investment soon for a few reasons - I buy bagged feed and it looks like it would be tough to load with bags, most videos I've seen are using bulk feed. Also it would make me tempted to feed grain to my breeding stock year round which I try to avoid.

·
Registered
157 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Yes, I’m looking at the grain feeder, not the hay. I don’t believe they market any of their hay feeders for goats or sheep because of the size of the openings.

I feed bagged grain as well but that 1200HD doesn’t appear to be very tall. I’m a 6’3” tall man but part of the reason I’m looking at these is that I’m having back problems and will be having surgery in the future. One of these would take a lot of strain out of my daily chores. I’ve got a teenage son that can fill it for me too.

The real selling point for me is that it gives equal access to all the goats throughout the day. Right now I have yearly does in with larger mature does. The yearlings look good and the mature does are fat. The design of these feeders is supposed to eliminate over eating.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts