The Goat Spot Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
One of the 2 year old does I purchased 6 weeks ago turned out to be pregnant. I'm guessing she will likely give birth in the next couple of weeks...? (Udder started to develop about month ago and I noticed today that it is starting to fill out and she is starting to get more friendly all of a sudden)
anyhow, is there anything I should be doing in the meantime or be prepared for shortly after she kids? Or to give them after? (Shots/etc?)
She doesn't seem all that big though so I'm guessing that she is probably only having a singleton?

Attachments

·
Premium Member
29,236 Posts
No there isnt anything you want to do unless she shows needs of distress.

I highly recommend having some calcium drench on hand. I give calcium when labor is progressing. Helps with stronger contractions and less chances of retained placenta.

Some BoSe (Rx) or selenium gel is good to have on hand also for kids as well as the mom.

I would also have on hand a tube to tube any kids that are to weak to suck. Happens and when you need it you dont want to be without.

Most kiddings go without a hitch and no interference by humans needed (I do help clean off the kid and clean out airways if Im in attendance). Never hurts to be prepared though.

·
Registered
1,261 Posts
Just make sure you dip their cords in Iodine and make sure they nurse.....I agree with Stacey on everything else.:D

·
14,615 Posts
Yep I agree, within a couple of weeks. Put on the coffee & relax the best you can.:) Have phone #s ready just in case you need a live voice on the phone.
She sure has nice coloring.
Me thinks there's more than one in there.
We worm the day of kidding after everyone has settled in, then 10 days later.

·
Registered
5,558 Posts
I agree, it could be a couple of weeks, but you shouldn't be surprised if it's just a few days; sometimes they'll surprise you! ;)

1 - 6 of 6 Posts