The Goat Spot Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I got a cross nubian /alpine .Around 2 years old,called white russian or baby for short.
He is like a dog, jumping and grabing me all the time.
I went in today with a special ,nce in a lifetime treat...bread.Yesterday,he flipped out ,climbing all over me .Today would not even move from under the chicken coop. I had to pull him out.
offered it to him,nop nothing.
i cuddle him and he did not move.I went a little away ,i had to pull him.My 2 other are crazy right now!(normal)
And so Hubby went to get weeds and tall grass.nope not even a taste.

his belly is distended and round altough not painful.I push and raised it and loo at urinary , all good. BLOATS?

I went to get the wormer, he had not move form the shade spot i was sitting at. I gave him 10 ml of ivomectin oral. He didn't like it and THEn went away from me to the shelter.

He did poop in regular little detach clumps.

Any idea?

Could he just have been tired because of heat? or his nap time??

HE is so vocal usually today only the big male was crying out...

I 'm worried.....:confused:

·
Premium Member
22,982 Posts
I would get a temp on him, normal is 100-103.5 F.... If he has a fever, antibiotics would be in order.
Try offering him some baking soda from your hand, if his belly is upset he'll take it but if he seems gassy to you then make a ball with wet baking soda and force it into his mouth.
Stroke his throat and rub his belly to get him to burp.

·
Registered
1,312 Posts
Get some baking soda in him to start.wait a little while to see if it helps i've heard that gas-x works too. Take his temp. Sounds like he needs some anti toxin. Call your vet if you dont have any readily available.

·
14,456 Posts
I agree with all the above.
Also get him Up & moving. Rub his left side with vigor. Walk him.
He wont touch the baking soda so make a drench out of it.
Listen for gas out of both ends.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
oki so here is what is:

I gave him balls of backing soda and water.

then walked him for 10 minutes. Massage left side .and right i guess...

THen we gave 40 cc of vegetable oil and walk / massage again.

Now it seams to just let him be for a bit. Ill go back to it.

I was told by a friend that had a goat do the same, he will be depressed for a few days and no himself. keep going for 3 or 4 days.
Should i give the oil that many time or backing soda. Left it available to the goat free choice at this point...

ouff hear attack y'all!:eek::book::dazed:

·
Super Moderator
32,277 Posts
Were you able to get his temp?? Hows he doing?

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
yeah well It was like a hot dog size bread for 3 goats! Ahah! he is oki. e was falowing around myh usband today but we are thinking he overate a weed. He is less boated today so i'm hopefull!! thank you all!

1 - 11 of 11 Posts