Apology to members

Discussion in 'Goat Frenzy' started by liz, Aug 8, 2010.

1. liz

liz Well-Known Member

Oct 5, 2007
    Shelocta PA
    I want to extend an apology to those of you who were made to feel uncomfortable with the actions in these posts

viewtopic.php?f=12&t=16250

viewtopic.php?f=12&t=12569

I allowed my personal feelings as far as honesty, integrity and morals to get in the way of a situation, it was me that bumped the second topic, only because I had remembered it and the generosity that was involved with a beloved pet and I once again, let my personal feelings get in the way of something that should have been handled privately. Forgive me and please don't let this get in the way of your enjoyment and commitment to TGS :hug:

2. kids-n-peeps

kids-n-peeps New Member

Aug 24, 2009
    Virginia
    It is nice of you to apologize, but things had already been posted that should have been private . . . and I think some of us pulled up the original thread before you bumped it (I know I was just trying to figure out what could have gone so wrong).

It's unfortunate that it went on and I thought it went against the rules of the site in terms of some of the name-calling, etc. I don't recall seeing that on this site before. I'd personally like to see the threads pertaining to this removed as they really shouldn't be public - then or now.

3. TinyHoovesRanch

TinyHoovesRanch New Member

Ya....I agree.....alll of this would be better if the threads were removed IMMEDIATLY and everyone that was involved should be reminded to follow rules and not be rude to eachother, not that im saying anyone was or pointing fingers. I just dont like drama.....

4. Idahodreamer

Idahodreamer Senior Member

Liz, :hug: . It's ok, however, I definitely feel this sort of thing (between Shell and Stacey) should have gone on in the wonderful world of Private Messaging. I honestly wished i had never clicked into either threads because it gave me negative feelings towards TGS members I have come to cherish very much and I had to wrestle with those feelings and the fact that this was absolutely NONE of my business or concern.
    So speaking for myself, I would rather not see something like that on my favorite goat forum played out for the public again . . . .
    I totally love all of you guys!!! (Liz, Stacey and Shell) And feel none of you should have had to go through something like that and had the world witnessing it . . . .

:grouphug:

5. Polarhug

Polarhug New Member

Jul 1, 2010
    Southcentral Alaska
    I agree the thread should be removed if it hasn't yet. It goes to show how much we all love our goaties :love: ~ and emotions can get the best of anyone as it seems.

6. cdtrum

cdtrum New Member

Aug 25, 2008
    Northern Indiana
    Liz :hug: .....I totally get where you were coming from as I just went through this on my own blog with one of my step-kids....I actually shut my blog down to let time pass and feelings heal.

Hey.... things happen and feelings get in the way and things are said or done before you know it......I wish those directly involved peace and with time this will be blown over and forgotten......so don't feel bad about bumping the post.....besides the ugliness had already reared it's head before you bumped.

7. liz

liz Well-Known Member

Oct 5, 2007
    Shelocta PA
    Thank you all for your replies and please keep them coming, we all appreciate the members here and do take into consideration that not everyone "thinks alike".

8. kelebek

kelebek New Member

Oct 5, 2007
    South Texas
    I just want to say - HUGS to you - LOVE you LIZ!!!

9. toth boer goats

toth boer goats Moderator Staff Member Supporting Member

Jul 20, 2008
    Corning California
    I do have to say... that there was only one negative member here in this whole situation..but.. it is now under control...Stacey thanks sterling acres again and again..... trying to defuse the situation ....it is just the after math... of the posts that still lingers..........I don't see any one else.... doing any wrong here...the members and myself who have responded to the negative....by our own accord... where just trying to help both of them...and where very saddened... it was happening.. and I for one ....tried to remind her ..to go privately on it... to Stacey ...not make it public.......
    I see... Liz's logic though...her friend was being wronged and was trying to defend her....by showing proof...of the original agreement...so ..she bumped the old post ...... and wanted everyone... to see... what Shell ...said.. that she would take care of her goat... no charge and how it drastically changed.....Liz felt in her heart that everyone... needed to see that.....it may of upset our members by doing it..and I am sorry for that..... :( :grouphug:
    Stacey has been answering back at Shell...in the posts and was taking care of the situation... as it went along..... but ...never indicated.. that she wanted it removed or modified...as she could of... at anytime.... She was just defending herself ...as was Shell.... it was controlled ... and has stopped.... I respect Shell ... to just let it go...as she has...I commend her for that........thank you Shell.... :hug: :thumb:
    Also Stacey has said... she would give Shell the kids... after they are born.... she is keeping her end of it...so hopefully they can arrange...something... :grouphug:

10. StaceyRosado

StaceyRosado Administrator Staff Member Supporting Member

Oct 4, 2007
    NJ
    For those of you who feel strongly about me being hurt or whatever - dont worry about it Im good :) Everyone will have their view point on a situation (as Shell and I did) and thats ok, its upsetting only to me that I didnt go into this with a contract so we were both on the same page on what was expected and would have avoided any hurt feelings. We learn from our mistakes and we move on. I have moved on, I am enjoying having Mia home and thats what matters.

Liz you only did what you thought was best for a friend and thats what friends do - we look out for each other. I appreciated your moral support and conviction in the situation. Dont feel bad for doing what you felt was right. :hug:

11. AlaskaBoers

AlaskaBoers New Member

May 6, 2008
    Wasilla Alaska
    In my opinion both topics should be deleted or hidden
    both breeders can figure it out in private without the world watching in on them.

12. StaceyRosado

Oct 4, 2007
    NJ
    I am only going to stay this once here

nothing will be deleted. This topic wasnt brought up to discuss wether or not it should be deleted it was Liz's idea to say her little apology. Lets not get into a "delete it or not delete" it discussion

Nothing terrible happened I really dont see why everyone is fired up. Disagreements happen in every day life. TGS isnt some lala land where everything is peachykeen. If you dont like that I am sorry. I cant go around deleting what people say just because I dont like it. Censoring people's opinions is not on my todo list. I do try to keep it friendly as much as possible but if someone doesnt like me :shrug: well I cant help that. I wont use my "power" as admin to remove those things about me I dont like. Thats abuse of power. have I done it before? yes have I gotten flack for it? yes

cant win either way so I just try to do my best to do what I feel is right. I know I will upset people along the way its another fact of living I've come to accept.

13. AlaskaBoers

AlaskaBoers New Member

May 6, 2008
    Wasilla Alaska
    you can't please everyone ;)

14. StaceyRosado

Oct 4, 2007
    NJ
    learned that a long time ago

15. RunAround

RunAround New Member

Feb 17, 2008
    Massachusetts
    Ok, I agree, I don't find anything that terrible in either of the threads. The only negative posts I see are by Shell. Stacey handled the situation like an adult, someone else did not. End of discussion. ;)

16. maple hill farm tina

maple hill farm tina Senior Member

Mar 14, 2010
    Rich Patch, Virginia
    I think that Stacey's right about not deleting the posts. There's a lot to be learned from the whole thing - even as ugly an experience as it was. Stacey's also right about contracts. This whole situation clearly illustrates that, even when we're dealing with people whom we would consider friends, it's important to work out all the details in a written form so no one misunderstands and gets hurt feelings later. And, it's also been a lesson about taking a step back, taking a deep breath, and not saying anything hurtful that you might regret later. The goat community is a small community, and we can't have fighting among us that makes us lose focus on why we're here. We're here because we have a common interest (okay, for some of us, it's an obsession :wink: ) to be the best goat breeders/farmers we can possibly be. We need each other's support to be able to do that. Liz, you did what you thought was right. No worries there. :hug:
    -Tina

17. liz

liz Well-Known Member

Oct 5, 2007
    Shelocta PA
    You guys are the BEST :hug:

18. KW Farms

KW Farms Moderator Supporting Member

Jun 21, 2008
    Wapato, WA
    That was really kind of you to apologize Liz. ;) I personally didn't feel upset or offended by your posts Liz, but I still appreciate that you are willing to apologize to anyone who may have felt offended. :)

I see no need to delete the threads. They aren't offensive (at least imo)...and I don't see how anyone besides both parties would be affected at all by them. If no one wants to see them then they can just skip over them. ;) Just my two cents.

I do hope that the whole issue can be resolved and that both breeders will be able to work it out in the end.

19. kids-n-peeps

kids-n-peeps New Member

Aug 24, 2009
    Virginia
    After reading Stacey's comments here, if she's okay with leaving the threads, then that's how it should be handled :wink: