The Goat Spot Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
306 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anyone know the ratio of water to apple cider vinegar to offer the goats? My girls love it and I haven't offered it in a while. I forgot how to mix it properly.

·
Registered
635 Posts
My 5 gal waterers get about half a cup. My 80 gallon stock tanks about a quart. It's not critical and depends on what your goats like.

·
Banned
5,944 Posts

·
Registered
140 Posts
Does is matter if it's natural and active or just store bought?
And does anyone know any tricks to making decent, useable ACV?
I'm pretty sure natural ACV has yeasts that benefit rumen activity. :p

·
Registered
187 Posts
For ratio I usually do a 'splash' in a 5 gallon bucket. (about half cup) All the benefits of ACV are above.

Does is matter if it's natural and active or just store bought?
And does anyone know any tricks to making decent, useable ACV?
I'm pretty sure natural ACV has yeasts that benefit rumen activity. :p
I would do method 2 or 3 here.

The ACV "with the mother" (Heinz or Braggs sell it) is better but I use the plain ACV in the gallon container for cost and convenience. I have several apple trees so eventually we'll be making our own vinegar. Would love to hear what others do though.

In the above link you could also use the "Heinz: With the Mother" sold in Wal-Mart in place of Braggs.

Edit: You could always use ACV "with the mother" to start more ACV, but not the plain ACV.

·
Registered
140 Posts
For ratio I usually do a 'splash' in a 5 gallon bucket. (about half cup) All the benefits of ACV are above.

I would do method 2 or 3 here.

The ACV "with the mother" (Heinz or Braggs sell it) is better but I use the plain ACV in the gallon container for cost and convenience. I have several apple trees so eventually we'll be making our own vinegar. Would love to hear what others do though.

In the above link you could also use the "Heinz: With the Mother" sold in Wal-Mart in place of Braggs.

Edit: You could always use ACV "with the mother" to start more ACV, but not the plain ACV.
Well that seems simple enough. It's like making kombucha, which is super simple.
We have apples trees that we use specifically for making hard cider and apple wine.
I'm totally trying this ASAP! :D
Thank for the link!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts