Are Chopper and Nugget pregnant?

Discussion in 'Goat Frenzy' started by moday, Dec 14, 2009.

1. moday

moday Member

Oct 10, 2007
    We left our does at two different Farms at the end of Oct. Should we be able to tell now if they are pregnant? Is there a urine test or a blood test that is reasonable or are those costly? Our plan is to wait and see if the udder drops near March, but it would be nice to know now. We don't plan on having them bred again, but we are curious.
    We are in Michigan, so their coats are quite thick right now. Also, Choppers is a bit overweight, since she has always been dominant when it comes to the feed. She may have been not as likely to become pregnant, but we are curious. In addition, our human kids are expecting goat kids. I hope NOT to fail them this spring like last spring.

Thanks, MODAY

2. StaceyRosado

StaceyRosado Administrator Staff Member Supporting Member

Oct 4, 2007
    NJ
    no urine test but there is a 7.50 blood test from www.biotracking.com that is very accurate and they are real easy to work with.

you need to send the blood in a red topped tube (can get them from a vet or ask around if someone has two you can purchase)

I have seen blood pulled before and did it twice myself but I am not the best one to ask how to do it

3. ProctorHillFarm

ProctorHillFarm New Member

BioTracking does blood pregnancy tests for $7.50 each- accurate and easy!
    You can test anytime after 28 days post breeding

4. ProctorHillFarm

Stacey and I posted at the same time -whoops!

5. RunAround

RunAround New Member

Feb 17, 2008
    Massachusetts
    It's now 30 days until you can draw blood to test through biotracking. :( Keeps getting longer. lol

6. ProctorHillFarm

Good to know! I guess the longer you wait to test the more hormones in their system anyway- so more reliable :thumbup: