The Goat Spot Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
1,737 Posts
Not that I know of or have seen in my in my local 4h. As far as I know they're still not really recognized as an official breed by any other group except MDGA. :(

·
Registered
203 Posts
You'll have to contact your Jr. Fair Board office or Extension Office. They would be allowed at my county fair, as I have shown my Mini Nubian there and was shown with the other dairy goats her age. Just note that the judge will most likely not know that she is a Mini and she will most likely not place well due to the fact the judge will think she is too small for her age, not realizing she's a Mini. If you have an open class at your fair, you'd probably show in a Recorded Grade class or a AOB, or All Other Breeds class. Again, this is just how it's ran at my fair and i would strongly suggest you contact your Jr. Fair Board office or local Extension Office. Happy Showing!!! :)

·
Boer Lover 4 Life!
2,991 Posts
I don't see why not. You might be the only person with that breed of goat though, so you won't really get to compete against anyone else except in showmanship. Ask your fair if they can make a special class for minis because if you don't they above may happen. I would ask or 4h leader to see if you could. Like I said i don't know why they would have a problem with it.

·
Registered
8,709 Posts
At my fairs they can be. They would be in the mini goat section.

·
~Crazy Goat Lady~
29,202 Posts
In my fair we have pet goat/meat goat/Pygmy sections.. And they can be used in showmanship and costume classes ect.. I would contact the person running it and ask them :) they would know best :)

·
Registered
6,576 Posts
We can show our minis at the fair. Up til this last year tho, they showed with the big goats, so you knew you were going to the bottom. We got minis added to the classes for this last year tho!! If there isn't a class, just ask your fairboard to add them. You can start with your extension office and they can help you.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts