Are my girls fat?

Discussion in 'Photogenic' started by liz, Oct 20, 2010.

1. liz

liz Well-Known Member

Oct 5, 2007
    Shelocta PA
    This is a spin off of the topic I started a few days ago viewtopic.php?f=12&t=17148

Bootsie always had a round barrel...and has had 6 pregnancies, I can feel her spine, it's not protruding but has decent flesh along it.
    Angel is herd queen and pretty much eats everything before the others, she's not bred and has a bit too much padding over her spine.
    Heidi looks bigger than she actually is, she's a short bodied pygmy and has a lot of fluff, she's at the bottom of the pecking order, not bred.
    Penny and Binkey are both bred, as well as Bailey...You can see why I was questioning the weight gain with Penny...shes just over a year old and almost bigger than Binkey at 5 1/2 years. To "feel" each of them, I'd have to say that Angel is definately fat, Bailey is coming close.

Attached Files:

• 007.JPG
      007.JPG
      File size:
      67.5 KB
      Views:
    • 006.JPG
      006.JPG
      File size:
      66.9 KB
      Views:
    • 014.JPG
      014.JPG
      File size:
      66.9 KB
      Views:
    • 011.JPG
      011.JPG
      File size:
      67.3 KB
      Views:
    • 001.JPG
      001.JPG
      File size:
      66 KB
      Views:
  2. cdtrum

cdtrum New Member

Aug 25, 2008
    Northern Indiana
    Oh dear Liz.....my boys look as prego as your prego girls.....ah-ya-ya! Do you think they have Nutri-system for goats :laugh: ? The human version worked for me! :greengrin:

3. StaceyRosado

StaceyRosado Administrator Staff Member Supporting Member

Oct 4, 2007
    NJ
    some junior does just grow faster then others in their first year. She my level off or she may end up bigger then Binkey

4. liz

liz Well-Known Member

Oct 5, 2007
    Shelocta PA
    Thanks for that Stacey....I was really worried that I was over feeding her! Her sire is a very nice sized Nigi...long and dairy, as is her dam.
    To clarify the pics: Penny is in the 1st pic, Angel the 2nd, Boots 3rd, Heidi and Bailey 4th, in the last pic, Penny left, Binkey right....see why I questioned the feeding? I know that Penny will grow more in the next year and will be refining that growth over the following year, I just don't want to be feeding for fat and not growth.
    Denise...the 3 girls that are bred are only about 3-4 weeks along and really shouldn't be showing baby bellies at this point, I'm sure your boys would love being asked when they are due :greengrin:

I'm really praying that Penny gives me twins and not quads as a FF....Her dam had quads with her FF and again this past May :shocked: