The Goat Spot Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
818 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I took my goats to a buck approx. 2 months ago. One he was following around and acting "goofy." The other, the breeder saw her "getting bred." I'm not posative, but I'm beginning to suspect that they may have come in to heat again! :(
One doe is reasonably round, but she's always been a bit chubby. The other is the same-- she's my petite little doll :).
I want to post some pics on here to see what you think, the vets can't check till three months!

Also, how can you tell if a goat is infertile? (And what are the odds that both of my goats-- from two totally different sources are infertile:(!)

·
Registered
818 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Wel I did see a head butting, and I saw a little clear discharge, but it didnt stick around long from one doe. The other, I think I may have seen a little, but not entirely sure.

·
14,730 Posts
Hmm... I wouldn't get too upset just yet ;) Could just be they were feeling a bit full of themselves, or could also be pregnancy hormones at work too! Every now and then our does will get a wild hare up their butt when they are pregnant, sometimes get playful too. Hopefully that's all it was ;)

·
Registered
818 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Hope so! They were with the buck for two weeks. (I know it was probably too short a time :(). She did say I could bring them back for free if they didn't "take."

·
Registered
818 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Okay. The one doe has started to show a little bit of an udder--which made me really excited! It has been about three months and I think that may be when goats are "supposed" to start showing an udder,and she has a quite large belly, so that got me hoping! The other one is showing zero signs of having been successfully bred, though. The one that has an udder starting to show has been consistently having (what looks like) heat discharge once a month--huh?!!--why is that, and is that slightly normal for a pregnant goat?
Thanks for all your helpful replies--I really stress out over my goats--I know I probably should just wait the five months to find out what I need to know, but, that is obviously not happening! :)??!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts