·
Registered
584 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hello there, can anyone tell me if oats are good to feed to goats?:scratch:

·
Premium Member
10,547 Posts
I feed a them to mine. They have a good protein in them. Don't have the exact amount.

·
Registered
8,603 Posts
They are about 12% protien. I am trying to switch my goats over to as much whole grains as I can.

·
Registered
8,603 Posts
Oats are 12%. Not sure on corn. You don't want to feed A LOT of corn though.

·
Raising Nigerian Dwarf DAIRY Goats, registered wit
3,693 Posts
Oats are 12%. Not sure on corn. You don't want to feed A LOT of corn though.
No corn here for they boys. Girls either, only when its COLD and they need to keep body heat.

·
Alpine Addict!
2,072 Posts
Oats are great!! They have tons on energy, and really boost growth and production. I gave them to my undersized doeling Chant for an extra boost and-BOOM! She shot up :D :) I would definitely feed them to everyone if I could!

·
Registered
584 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Alfalfa pellets are basically the hay powdered and packed. I feed them to mine half the week to supplement my DuMOR sweet feed.
are these alfalfa pellets
1st or 2nd which one:shock:

Attachments

·
Banned
5,939 Posts
Those look like alfalfa pellets, but I've never seen them labeled as horse pellets. Because of the way they are labeled, I wonder if stuff hasn't been added. As far as I know, pellets don't go by cuttings.

·
Super Moderator
59,925 Posts
You will need to read the ingredient label. Alfalfa pellets should just say alfalfa for the ingredient list. It looks like there is a list of ingredients on those bags. But alfalfa pellets basically look like that.

1 - 20 of 44 Posts