The Goat Spot Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
730 Posts
ANYTHING that you see the " MAULDINS" do with their goats is good stuff.. They are long time , very successful goat owners..Check out their website for some great info!

·
730 Posts
You gotta remember that these are all bucks... You have to be careful what you feed bucks because they get stones very easy...

·
1,524 Posts
I use straw for bedding. As fast as I can put it down, my silly goats are diving on it-actually leaving their hay to eat straw!

If you feed straw, you need to make up the nutrients in another way, since straw is just fiber. Up here straw goes for close to 10.00 for a 45 pound bale.

·
Registered
1,621 Posts
I'm betting that that s not straight straw. I bet it is oat hay or something of that sort. As stated above, straw would be just filler and not a nutritious meal for any goat.

·
Goats of da UP
1,142 Posts
I once had to feed some bales of the crappiest hay in the world. It was almost like straw, but with the occasional bit of leafy green. The goats wasted tons of it.

But I don't think that is straw, it just looks like it.

·
Banned
5,944 Posts
No, those bucks are not eating straw. Wrong color, wrong consistency, and there are seed heads in that hay. It's something called Haygrazer.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts