Are these girls pregnant? (Picture Crazy!!)

Discussion in 'Kidding Koral' started by cjpup, Jul 9, 2008.

1. cjpup

cjpup New Member

Dec 1, 2007
    TX
    Hello!

I have 2 does due this month but I'm not sure if they are pregnant. I can't feel any baby movement but these are also not the most friendliest of girls.

We will start with Ding-Dong. She is "due" July 16th (day 150) she does have an udder but she also has one of her daughters still nursing every once in a while (daughter is almost 6 months old but we are keeping her). Her past 2 kiddingings have been single females. What do you guys think? Preggy or no?
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Next is Cinna. She would be due July 21. She may have a little bit of an udder growing but its hard to tell because her past 2 kiddings have been quads and her udder never reeally goes back to "pre" baby udder. She also never has a noticeable milk vein. Sooooo, preggy or no?
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

CJ

2. Sweet Gum Minis

Sweet Gum Minis New Member

Oct 6, 2007
    Easley, SC
    I think they're both open. For a July 16th due date the first would need to be bigger with more udder. The second also due this month has no udder going so I don't think either one is going to kid this month.

3. KW Farms

KW Farms Moderator Supporting Member

Jun 21, 2008
    Wapato, WA
    I would say they're both bred. Is there a different possible due date?? The black/white has a little udder on her, maybe August kids?? I have a couple like that right now, but NO IDEA when they're due?? I have a FF due July 21 and she's got quite a udder on her, and pretty pudgy in the cha cha area. So these guys are most definately not due in July, in my opinion. :shrug: Could the buck have escaped??

4. cjpup

cjpup New Member

Dec 1, 2007
    TX
    Our herd is all run together and naturally pasture/herd bred.

5. KW Farms

KW Farms Moderator Supporting Member

Jun 21, 2008
    Wapato, WA
    Then I would definately say she got bred later than you thought. She might not have taken the time you saw her. We used to run our herd together. It's just way to confusing for me! I rather know the exact date they were bred. This spring I was unsure of around 4 does due date, oh boy, that drove me nuts!!!

6. capriola-nd

capriola-nd New Member

Jul 6, 2008
    Northwest Oregon
    They do not look bred to me or they are due much later than you thought. Both do not have much of an udder and their vulva's would be longer and more "pudgy" looking, like Kylee said.