Are these not the absolute prettiest goats you've ever seen?

Discussion in 'Goat Frenzy' started by keren, Mar 17, 2009.

1. keren

keren owned by goats

Oct 26, 2008
    Australia
    Seriously. I know you guys get all sorts of colours in your nigis but we have just boring colours, black, white, brown. These are the first I've seen like this and I am absolutely taken! :love: They are striking and just so different!

Saanen x British Alpine

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. HollowbeadRanch

HollowbeadRanch New Member

Oct 5, 2007
    NW Alabama
    AAAAAAAWWWWWWWWWWWW............... How cute!!! I LOVE their color! :love:

3. lesserweevil

lesserweevil New Member

Oct 5, 2007
    Very cute - are they yours?

LW

4. Di

Di Crazy Goat Lady

Jan 29, 2008
    central PA
    `Yep very cute! Did you find any dairy goats? When is that big dairy show you were telling us about?

5. capriola-nd

capriola-nd New Member

Jul 6, 2008
    Northwest Oregon
    They are very cute!! I love the silver colors, so badly want one. When we raised Pygmies I wanted a silver grey agouti buck, they are just so pretty looking.

6. Cinder

Cinder New Member

Mar 2, 2008
    We do get spoiled with the gorgeous variety of colors. I love the grey white colors - those are beautiful goats.

7. toth boer goats

toth boer goats Moderator Staff Member Supporting Member

Jul 20, 2008
    Corning California
    Oh wow....they are gorgeous :greengrin: :drool: :love: ......

8. kelebek

kelebek New Member

Oct 5, 2007
    South Texas
    They are very very cute!!! :love:

9. Jenna

Jenna New Member

Jan 7, 2009
    My are they cute!! Loooove the color. :love:

10. sweetgoats

sweetgoats Moderator

Oct 18, 2007
    Peyton CO.
    How adorable.

I just LOVE the silver. I have had several silver goats, and for one reason or another I sell them (bad legs, three teats, wether). I had one last year that I just loved. But her jumped in the horse tank and drowned. I about lost it, so I have his sister and she is pregnant, she is silver but not near as pretty as he was. OH well I just look at it as the lord new he was just to perfect to be here on earth, so he had to take him.
    I just hope I get another Silver :pray: from her because I am not sure if I am keeping her because I noticed this weekend her legs are not as straight as I like.

11. Dover Farms

Dover Farms New Member

Oct 16, 2007
    NW Ohio
    I love silver goats!! I think silver Nubians are beautiful, but I've only seen a few. I haven't seen one in the bloodlines I use, so I'll probably never get one. Keren, do you have Sables over there?? A lot of Sables are that silver color...

12. keren

keren owned by goats

Oct 26, 2008
    Australia
    Sadly ... not mine :(

The breeder of the BA buck I am looking at sent me these. She said BA buck over saanen does will give a range of coat colours from normal BA, normal saanen, solid black (Australian Meelan) and this silvery colour.

That big show is over easter ... not sure I will make it there while the dairy goats and angoras are on, but I will probably be there showing boers (not mine, another stud)

Dover, what is a sable? I think we have them but I want to check ...

13. Coraxfeather

Coraxfeather New Member

Oct 8, 2008
    Slippery ROckPA
    Have you seen a blue roan pygmy. WE have one that is simply beautiful. ANd he is a buck that throws amazing silver, white and black babies. I do have a picture of his daughter Besty but I can get a pic of his Son Burney also. Just have to run out to the barn and when I get home down load it. I can get a pic of Kirby also. Sorry love our Kiry he throws so beautiful babies.

14. keren

keren owned by goats

Oct 26, 2008
    Australia
    Ooh yes, I'd love to see your pics!

15. toth boer goats

toth boer goats Moderator Staff Member Supporting Member

Jul 20, 2008
    Corning California
  16. Dover Farms

Dover Farms New Member

Oct 16, 2007
    NW Ohio
    Sables are colored Saanens. :)

17. keren

keren owned by goats

Oct 26, 2008
    Australia
    Ah ha, I thought so! We have a very small number of saanens that are a tan or light coffee colour, a bit like weevil's demi. But we cant register and show them here, and unfortunately most people with dairy goats here are heavily into showing.

18. rebelshope

rebelshope New Member

Sep 20, 2008
    Wisconsin
    Very pretty! And that baby :love: what a darling!

19. Dover Farms

Dover Farms New Member

Oct 16, 2007
    NW Ohio
    Sables just within the past couple of years have finally been excepted into ADGA with their own herdbook. Before that they were showing in the Recorded Grade classes. I seen a pic of one the other day and it was so pretty! She was black with white legs and splashes...and copper/brown on it her cheeks! :love:

20. keren

keren owned by goats

Oct 26, 2008
    Australia
    We have an Identity Register here, which basically you can register any mismarked animals (like a sable saanen or a british alpine or toggy which has splashes of white on the belly, or incomplete swiss markings). But you cant show them; well you can show them in the best udder and milk testing classes but not in the normal classes.