The Goat Spot Forum banner

Are they pregnant?

769 views 3 replies 2 participants last post by  StaceyRosado 
#1 ·
Hello! I am new to goat breeding so thank you in advance for reading this as well as any advice you may have for me! I bought 2 unregistered does 2 months ago. They are 1 and 2 years old and the 2 year old has had kids once before. They were in with a buck for a few months before I bought them, so the seller said they "might" be pregnant, but not sure. I really want them to be, but I don't know. They are in with my sheep who is VERY pregnant and it is obvious with her. If my does are pregnant, wouldn't they show signs by now?
Also, is it ok for them to stay in the pen/shed with my sheep- they all love eachother!!!
Shannon

#3 ·
Thanks for the nice welcome! Their udders are not getting bigger, but their "teets" (is that what they are called?) seem to be darker and bigger. I will try to post some pictures to get some comments from some members of this awesome board. Is the chance high since they were housed with a buck and Nigerian Dwarfs breed year round?
Thanks!
Shan

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.