The Goat Spot Forum banner

1 - 20 of 91 Posts

·
Registered
30,628 Posts
Discharge looks promising but udder not so much. But some do wait the last minute to fill up. What's her normal?

·
Registered
1,911 Posts
She does look pretty close. Could be a 1 day, could be 3-4 weeks. I usually go based off the first day I see an udder growing. That (usually) gets me down to a 5-10 day due date estimate. FF usually start their udder 8-7 weeks before kidding. Does who have kidded before usually start 6-4 weeks before kidding. Of course, there are variables both ways that's just what happens 80% of the time with my girls and I can get pretty accurate with a due date. I would keep feeling ligs, watching that udder, and also her behavior. When they are in labor you will know(Usually, I have been fooled a few times!).

·
Registered
428 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
She’s been acting weird today but maybe she’s just annoyed with all the attention lol. She doesn’t wanna be touched and she keeps hiding. I wish she would stay in the barn but she is so little that she has found a spot in the electric fence that is just her size to slip through without getting zapped

·
Registered
5,211 Posts
She does look close to me. Once thr udder gets shiny..almost like a balloon blown up as far as it can go. Thats usually when my girls go into labor. The udder gets full and the teats look swollen. Then the vulva will swell a little too. Of course a nice size string of amber colored goo means they are in labor. Heres a picture of one of my myotonics in labor..standing defiantley...not wanting to lay down to deliver..lol
20201228_145336.jpg

·
Registered
428 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
She does look close to me. Once thr udder gets shiny..almost like a balloon blown up as far as it can go. Thats usually when my girls go into labor. The udder gets full and the teats look swollen. Then the vulva will swell a little too. Of course a nice size string of amber colored goo means they are in labor. Heres a picture of one of my myotonics in labor..standing defiantley...not wanting to lay down to deliver..lol View attachment 196599
Do ff get that shiny tight appearance in their udder?

·
Registered
428 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
It’s 1:15 am in the middle of a snow storm. It feels like 12 degrees outside. She’s arching her back and licking at her sides. I have only seen her yawn a couple times. I’m afraid to go to sleep just in case she’s in active labor

·
Registered
6,063 Posts
Yes, FF’s get a tight shiny udder. You’ll know it when you see it. Kinda like a dark colored balloon that’s stretching out.
Is she staring at walls and nesting? Pressing her head against things? Has her tail drooped off to the side or down?
These are signs of prelabor which can take up to about 12 hours.
Are you watching on a camera?

·
Registered
428 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Yes, FF's get a tight shiny udder. You'll know it when you see it. Kinda like a dark colored balloon that's stretching out.
Is she staring at walls and nesting? Pressing her head against things? Has her tail drooped off to the side or down?
These are signs of prelabor which can take up to about 12 hours.
Are you watching on a camera?
She has pressed her head against the feeder and wall of the barn a couple times. Definitely staring off into space. Her tail has dropped down but she raises it when she arches her back. No we don't have wifi so I don't have barn cams.

1 - 20 of 91 Posts