The Goat Spot Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi y’all!
I have a FF nigerian dwarf due yesterday (5/9). Last night her ligaments softened and today they are gone, her udder filled significantly over night as well and she has dropped. I keep thinking she will start making herself comfortable and get ready for labor but she is just restless, hungry, and LOUD.
This is also my first kidding so I’m a bit nervous and not sure how long these states last. Any clarification or input is appreciated!
I attached a picture of her udder and rear, no discharge yet.
Fawn Primate Terrestrial animal Liver Snout

·
Registered
I miss my ducks
5,357 Posts
Labor can last for a long time. You'll know when she's closer see as shell be pawing at the ground, making a nest, yawning, grunting, have discharge, etc etc. Contractions will get harder- You'll know she's having one as shell get real posty with her rump and back legs, her rear will get really sunken in, stomach will get very girl, etc.

·
Registered
492 Posts
Labor can last for a long time. You'll know when she's closer see as shell be pawing at the ground, making a nest, yawning, grunting, have discharge, etc etc. Contractions will get harder- You'll know she's having one as shell get real posty with her rump and back legs, her rear will get really sunken in, stomach will get very girl, etc.
Much more helpful information 😂

·
Registered
492 Posts
Yay! Shortly after my post she had 2 does and a beautiful buck!
All seem healthy, although one doe is not as interested in nursing. She is standing and moving but seems very tired. I did give her some jumpstart.
Any tips or things to watch for?
I would hold her up and make sure she does get some colostrum in her… congratulations on the triplets! 😍

1 - 15 of 15 Posts