The Goat Spot Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1,113 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has anyone ever tried using an area spray in your barn for flies. I've got them something fierce this year and would love to hear if anyone has had experience with it. The one I'm going to try says its safe for use around pets so I would assume its safe to use around goats.

·
730 Posts
I found it online and got myself and several other members some free samples of it last year! Ive NEVER saw stuff work like it does before! Its an attractant that they eat and it kills them in like 30 secs...Its awesome stuff!!

·
Goat Crazy!
6,457 Posts
I just looked it up. It says not to use near children or animals. So where in your barn do you put it?

I had a friend with bad flies and she bought some predator stingless wasps. Almost completely eliminated the trouble!

I don't have fly problems, but the mosquitoes are awful this year - they're eating the goats alive - and us, as well. I finally bought an all natural horse spray. It smells good and it's the first spray I've tried that the goats don't scream and run from. ;-)

I brush the does and spray it on them, then I spray the barn walls before I put in their hay and water. It seems to be helping. Naturally, I can't recall which product it is. I got it at Agway and it was the ONLY all natural product they carried as a repellant.

·
Goat Feeder
1,436 Posts
The Bayer QuikBayt is great. I got a sample last year. They carry it at my feed store and I get it there now. With the spray, you spray it up high. With the crystals, you can place them in a plate up high where nothing can get to. Nothing I have ever tried works like QuikBayt. I spray it on the ceilings and walls on my patio also.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts