The Goat Spot Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
170 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
OK, so while I'll was chasing our naughty great pyrnese my naughty goats let themselves into the feed room. They were in there for 10 minutes top, but they were chowing on sweet feed. They'd already been out for grazing so they weren't hungry, just being naughty. Should I be overly worried? I gave them some baking sod and left warm water for them. Is there anything else I should do to ensure they don't founder over night?! :mad:

·
Registered
170 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks! I just checked on them again. Everyone is standing up burping. Nobody looked overly uncomfortable. I don't usually leave baking soda out free choice, but I did tonight. Baking soda won't hurt them if they're not used to it will it?

·
920 Posts
Thanks! I just checked on them again. Everyone is standing up burping. Nobody looked overly uncomfortable. I don't usually leave baking soda out free choice, but I did tonight. Baking soda won't hurt them if they're not used to it will it?
No it won't hurt them.
My does knocked over a 45 gallon barrel of buckwheat and ate it all! This was about a month ago and they are all ok right now. I just gave them probios

·
7 does - 2 bucks - 1 wether
10,704 Posts
My doe got into the chicken pen once. We saw her and said, "Gypsy! Stop that!" Because she was chowing on the chicken feed. She looked us right in the eye, and buried her face back in there. The pip. She was fine. :laugh:

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.