The Goat Spot Forum banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
7,609 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I answered this add on Craigslist 5 kid goats looking for a new home price is [email protected]
Owner has too many and unwilling to send them to slaughter house
3 females, 2 males
When mature females suitable for milk
production and cheese!
MUST buy at least 2 at a time, goats are very social and WILL die without companionship!
FIRST COME FIRST SELECT from herd

No phone # or anything so I emailed. Asked what kind they were, where they were located, and if they have ever been CAE, CL, and Johnes tested. Their answer was Nubian/Pygmy and we are in Seattle.

My thought cool, another kinder, since I already have some. So I asked for their phone # and gave mine in return thinking I might get testing info then... Well they at least I think they called... They continued to speak in a foreign language, no English whatsoever, and it sounded like this person was upset. I get another email stating they were in Seattle, and then a bunch of symbols... Huh???? Well, I guess I'm not getting one:( I don't really need another milker anyway I just thought the price was right.... Why post an ad and then not follow up with it? Doesn't make any sense to me....

·
Registered
30,585 Posts
the add doesnt seem like a second language, unless they had someone write it for them...and the fact they want to sell two because they need companion says they at least know a bit about goats and care....maybe the phone number was wrong??

·
Registered
7,609 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
the add doesnt seem like a second language, unless they had someone write it for them...and the fact they want to sell two because they need companion says they at least know a bit about goats and care....maybe the phone number was wrong??
They never gave me their phone #. About a half hour after I gave them mine and asked for theirs, I got the call..., then I got the email, that they were in Seattle with a bunch of "Asian" not really sure, characters. I did answer back a few minutes ago and asked for an address in Seattle, because they look darling in the ad..... I could just take a look at the overall health, and just get her tested when she is old enough. The ad didn't seem like a second language to me either... Yeah... I still want one:)

·
Registered
30,585 Posts
lol...best of luck..let us know what happens :D

·
Registered
230 Posts
So emailed them to see if I get a different response for you. Here is what I sent:
Just a few questions on your goats:
1. When where they born?
2. What Breed?
3. Has your herd been tested for CL, CAE &/OR Johnees Disease?

Thank you in advance for getting back to me.

·
Registered
7,609 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Well interesting, my mom just got a phone call that was yelling in a foreign language, so I'm going to say, they haven't called, and these calls are unrelated to the ad. Okay, I feel better, my wallet won't though after a possible purchase, but hey, I have fallen for them:)

·
Registered
7,609 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Well, no answer yet. I don't wanna just go out there, well hopefully a can set a time for tomorrow afternoon.

·
Well, my username says it all... :)
2,751 Posts

·
Registered
7,609 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
So emailed them to see if I get a different response for you. Here is what I sent:
Just a few questions on your goats:
1. When where they born?
2. What Breed?
3. Has your herd been tested for CL, CAE &/OR Johnees Disease?

Thank you in advance for getting back to me.
Thank you by the way! I hope I can connect with them tomorrow..... I haven't gotten a response yet, I might go over there tomorrow afternoon and check it out..... I would like to at least hear from them first though...

·
Registered
7,609 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Yay!! They only have 1 doe left and I will go look at her tomorrow afternoon:) I keep telling myself I don't need another goat..., but hey I need just 1 more right?? Hehe!! They are just too cute:)

1 - 20 of 27 Posts