Arnica

Discussion in 'Other Pets' started by citylights, Nov 12, 2010.

1. citylights

citylights Member

Jul 3, 2009
    Southern California
    Hi all -- I know some of you have mentioned using arnica topically on does that have had a rough time kidding. I have used an equine product -- Sore No More -- on my horses before, and recently on me. I have a knee that swells and gets really painful and the SNM really helps. It's unbelievable how well it works. It's a combo of arnica, rosemary, lavender and lobelia.

So here's my question. I have an older dog with arthritis in both stifles. I've started applying it to her, and it seems to help. Do any of you know if I can find a stronger arnica product, how to apply it, and how often?

Thanks!

2. sweetgoats

sweetgoats Moderator

Oct 18, 2007
    Peyton CO.
    I have a old dog a that I put the Arnica ointment on and I wrap it just so he does not lick it. I do it twice a day.

3. StaceyRosado

StaceyRosado Administrator Staff Member Supporting Member

Oct 4, 2007
    NJ
    Do you have a wegmans near you? They carry straight arnica topical

I'm sure other fod stores do as well in their health and wellness departments

4. myfainters

myfainters New Member

Oct 29, 2009
    Lancaster, CA
    hmmm didn't know Arnica would work on stifle injuries.... I have a doe that injured her stifle last year and still hobbles around on 3 legs every couple of weeks... I wonder if that would help her??? :whatgoat: