ARRGGG!!!! some people!

Discussion in 'Goat Frenzy' started by sparks879, Dec 11, 2007.

1. sparks879

sparks879 New Member

Ok i have to vent.... I sold two does to a lady and her daughter last fall. one doe was bred to my buck, ended up having two bucks. This doe was nice but not nice enough to keep a buck out of. They just registered a buck kid under my herd name after i asked them NOT TO. Then the other doe, she was sold witht he garuntee with a doe kid back, I didn't sign the papers until the deal was sealed. Now they are telling me im taking advantage of them by me wanting to register that doe kid as dixie rather then the name dottie that they picked out. They gave me a registration application that was signed. Shouldn't i be the one that is to name the doe? And then on top of that, I told them to back date the registration transfer on the dam so we could put the doe kids under their herdname. Well they didn't and put the actual date so now adga is telling them that the does should be registered under my herd name. I dont care whos herd name they are registered under as long as the doe kid is registered. And now she tells me im taking advantage of a poor 4-her.
    whew thanks for letting my complain
    beth

2. kelebek

kelebek New Member

Oct 5, 2007
    South Texas
    I think that you have every right to be upset.

Was it in the contract that she was to not have your herd name on the bucklings?? If it is in a signed contract, I would contact the AGS and let them take the registration away from the buckling, until it is properly done.

About the name of the doe - it definately should be your call. The deal was was that she was "your" doe, and so who are they to name her??

Sounds like the buyers from H&%%! Sorry that you are going through this -

Hugs your way!

Allison

3. sparks879

sparks879 New Member

No there was no contract on that doe as she was paid for in full at the time of sale. I don;t know if ADGA will let me do that, probably not. As the paperwork and fees are already passed and through. I just don;t think this doe is nice enough to be keeping a buck kid out of. He has an excellet sire line as his sire was out of the first place three year old at the 06 ADGA nationals. But the dam just isn't nice enough. And i don't know what to tell them about the other two doe kids. I wouldn't mind them being registered in their herd name at all, but i should still be the one to be filling out the paperwork and all. She is in my possesion I picked her up the day she was born. But i don;t know what to do. She probably just thinks im a dumb kid trying to take advantage of her daughter. And in my minds eye i gave them one hell of a deal on those two does. I lowered the price as she was a young girl just starting out. Sold her both does for really cheap. I guess i could give the doe kid back but i really like her and would like to keep her.
    beth

4. mystic's_mom

mystic's_mom New Member

Oct 5, 2007
    Northern, MN
    Definitely don't give the doe kid back if they knew you were to keep a doe kid out of that particular doe!!! I am sorry but even a 4Her needs to learn this end of the goat raising business, and must learn to keep the end of the bargain! And correct me if I am wrong, but because these does were bred BY you, BY your buck, ON your farm that those kids get your herd name anyway, regardless...please correct me if I am wrong, but I thought that this is the way registries worked. They would be able to put any herd name on the next kids, because they would be doing the breeding, but these ones would be 'your herd name'?

5. kelebek

kelebek New Member

Oct 5, 2007
    South Texas
    The way that I read the regulations with AGS they should have your herd name, but as far as naming the doe I agree - YOU should be able to pick the name, as it is your breeding, your herd name, and your kid that you have had since day 1.

I would be upset also.

6. sparks879

sparks879 New Member

The doe that had the doe kids was in their posession at the time of the breeding, however she was still under my name. I did not sign the transfer part of the papers until after the doe kid was in my posession. Maybe this is wrong. But i am sick of being screwed over. I sold a lady a doe with the same deal and stupidly signed the transfer. I never got the doe kid back. So i decided to portect myself this time. But instead of putting the date as an ealier date like i told them to so they could have the kids under their herdname they put the date i signed. Which led adga to believe that the doe was in my posession when she was bred.
    So now i don't kow what to do. I emailed her and told her that i will put the herd name of them down as thats the way it should be, but sinse i am the owner of the doe and they gave me the papers to register her i will be the one to register her and choose the name of her.
    AS for the buck kid that they registered i think im pretty much out of luck on that one. and once again i screwed myself over on that one. I still can't believe she thinks im the one thats taking advantage of them. If anything i feel like i am being taken advantage of, they got two does for reduced price a free breeding to one doe, and two free buck kids, that they made money off of.
    beth

7. cute kids

cute kids New Member

Oct 5, 2007
    i had a couple come to me for a pup. i was breeding show quality dogs; the ones i showed did very well; the breedings were to some of best in country. HOWEVER it is near impossibe, no matter how fine the parents are, to have all potential champions in a litter. because i was a small kennel, most of my pups became gorgeous pets. fine. so this couple came and SWORE they didn't want to show, had no intentions of showing, not now or ever. so i gave them a very nice little guy, certainly better than most, but not someone i would have ever shown. i had another pup in that litter that i was holding back HOPING a show home would materialize for.
    yes, this couple decided showing was in the cards afterall and paraded this guy all over with MY kennel name on him. it really amounted to bad publicity, even though they did a little winning-----but what can you do? and, sadly, i had had to cut back on my own showing, so i couldn't even be out there to compete!!! and i would't have bred him, either, believing you breed the best to the best, but they did, carrying MY kennel name even farther.

i don't know the answer, except there seems to be as much need for 'seller beware' as 'buyer beware'. at least the pup DID have a loving home and the owners had a lot of fun. they just couldn't understand why he never got his championship. :cry:

8. LiddleGoteGurl

LiddleGoteGurl New Member

Nov 29, 2007
    WI
    Hey Beth I have a question for you. As far as registering that buck kid.. there is no way they should have been able to register him in your herdname, with you listed as the owner at the time of service without **YOU** signing papers. How did they manage that? If you never signed papers, I am sure you can call ADGA, explain how you never agreed to this, ask them to compare signatures.. they will probably take care of it.

Sorry you have to deal with this!! People can be real jerks sometimes.

9. sparks879

sparks879 New Member

Well i gae them a service memo at the time of the sale, but shouldn't there be a place where i have to sign on the registration application saying its ok? The service memo said does only. there always have been before. and when i went to send the papers in on this doe kid i had to send them back to her for her to sign.
    beth

10. LiddleGoteGurl

Nov 29, 2007
    WI
    Yes absolutely!!! You have to sign the registration application. In fact, if you were the owner AT THE TIME OF SERVICE... they are going to also need a transfer. You are the breeder! So there is absolutely no way on God's green earth that they should be able to register that baby without YOUR signature. Call ADGA! I am sure they will help you :).

11. sparks879

sparks879 New Member

Do they need a transfer? I sold the doe and signed over her papers after she was bred but before the kids were born. So i don;t think they need a trasnfer....
    This whole thing is so frustrating, i looked up my herd name on ADGAs website, and here is no bucks registered except the one that i registered myself.
    beth

12. PixieDustHollow

PixieDustHollow New Member

Oct 4, 2007
    Delaware
    So you sold a pet-quality dog without a spay/neuter contract?

13. LiddleGoteGurl

Nov 29, 2007
    WI
    Sorry let me re-phrase what I said :).

Okay, if a person owns a doe and breeds it, they are the "breeder" of the kids, even if they do not own her when she kids. So in your case, you are the breeder of the kids because you owned the doe when she was bred.
    That means that the kids will be registered in your herdname, obviously. So you have to sign the "breeder" part of the paper.
    Now I am not positive about the transfer part. That is where it could get messed up, and I think that ADGA could tell you how to handle that. I am pretty sure that they will need a transfer, though.
    So the service memo is actually useless here, only because they did not own the doe when she was serviced.
    It was very smart on your part NOT to transfer/sell her until after she was bred! Now they have no way to register that buck without your signature... unless of course they fake a signature, in which case having ADGA compare and verify signatures will be handy :).

I am so sorry you have to deal with that!! AAAGH Just makes you want to pull out your hair, doesn't it?

14. sparks879

sparks879 New Member

Oh yes i have been pulling hair out all afternoon. I was just looking at the application for registry, and the breeder part does not need a signature by me. It only asks for my name adress and adga id number. BLARG! Oh well i guess you live and you learn don't you.
    Now i get an email from this lady asking why ADGA hasn't sent them dixies papers to them. well this is because i am still the registered owner of this doe. No she doesn't have official papers yet but I was the one to send in the original application. And they still think im taking advantage of them! If anyone i feel a little taken advantage of. I took fifty dollars off of one doe for a 4-h discount, plus i gave them a free breeding to my buck, that doe had two bucks which one was kept for their own use and the other was sold to someone else asa buck kid. Neither one of these bucks should of been left a buck! and took another one hundred and fifty dollars off the other doe! blah again!
    Now they are emailing me telling me that one of the does came back CAE positive and that i lied to them. I just scanned a copy of my CAE and CL reports for the last eight year....one hundred percent clean. Will it never end? I just feel so frustrated here, and feel like there is not a damn thing i can do about it.
    beth

15. LiddleGoteGurl

Nov 29, 2007
    WI
    Geeezzz!! Oh my gosh they sound really pleasant. You poor thing!!! Wow. That is just awful.

But I still don't think they can register those bucks in your herdname without having you sign something!!!!!!

:hair: :veryangry: :hair: :((

16. Muddy Creek Farm

Muddy Creek Farm New Member

Oct 5, 2007
    Keokuk, Iowa
    WOW what a mess! I sure hope you can get things figured out! I would hate to deal with someone like them!

Good Luck!

17. sungoats

sungoats New Member

Oct 6, 2007
    Jackson NJ
    I don't mean to hijack the post, but I wanted to respond to Cute Kids.
    When I sell a pet quality puppy I will only give them a limited registration. They will not be able to show it, and if it produces offspring, the puppies will not be eligible for AKC registration. As far as a spay/neuter agreement, I use one, but it's really useless as far as a legal document goes. If someone owns a dog outright, it is their propery and they can do whatever they want with it. This may be something for you to consider in the future.

18. sparks879

sparks879 New Member

Hijacking is more then ok by me Jan, sometimes another sotry helps to get things across more clearly. Im almost positive that they don't need my signature to register these kids. I just highly resent the fact as im sure you did with your dog, that these people decided to register this buck kid that they originally agreed not to register. I just hope they arn't disapointed when the kids turn out not as nice as they hoped they would.
    beth

19. trob1

trob1 New Member

Oct 5, 2007
    Middle TN
    When you sell a bred doe and she kids then all the new owners need is the breeding memo to register the kids. I have done this twice and neither time did the previous owner need to sign anything. All I had to do is fill out the papers and send in the registration papers and the breeding memo. Now if the breeding memo said does only then no bucks should have been registered.

20. fritzie

fritzie New Member

Oct 6, 2007
    TENN
    where on the service memo did you put no bucks? i just looked & there is no place to do that. if you were the owner of the dam at time of service & the buck then yes she will need the service memo. also you will be listed as breeder but if the doe has been transfered to her before she kidded then she does not need your signature on the papers. all she needs is the service memo but the kids do have to be reg with your herd name because she was in your name at time of service. i am afraid that there is nothing you can do but you might want to call ADGA & ask for lessa she is great & can help explain every thing to you.