Arrggghhh! Help with bucky wether!

Discussion in 'Goat Frenzy' started by cdtrum, Mar 1, 2010.

1. cdtrum

cdtrum New Member

Aug 25, 2008
    Northern Indiana
    Ok.....Elwood really wants to be a BUCK! He had started trying to pee on his face a couple of months ago, but had bad aim....he has however managed to hit the back of his front legs, noticed today that he has some scabbing and hair loss.....I actually caught him doing it today! One leg is worse than the other....I trimmed the hair which had become matted and he had both legs soaking wet....Yuck! I cleaned him up but should I put anything on his legs?

I had him surgically nutered by the vet almost 2yrs ago!......he has never had a bucky smell....but he wags his tongue to the other 2 smaller wethers and tries to ride them.

2. FunnyRiverFarm

FunnyRiverFarm New Member

Sep 13, 2008
    Hudson, MI
    The acid in his pee is irritating his skin...he probably won't stop peeing on himself but you can put some vaseline or bag balm on his legs to form a protective barrier so the skin can heal.

3. liz

liz Well-Known Member

Oct 5, 2007
    Shelocta PA
    Oooooo...rotten little stinker!

Well, he's gotten into a habit that he will likely continue doing , unfortunately, but as FRF has said, using vaseline or bag balm(green can) will keep his legs from getting worse from the urine scald.

4. cdtrum

cdtrum New Member

Aug 25, 2008
    Northern Indiana
    Thanks guys......I'll get some bag balm for the little toot....he stands on top of his wood crate and does it and then acts all proud of himself, curls his lips and shows his teeth! I couldn't figure out why the top of the crate was always wet until I caught him in the act! Maybe I should also remove the crate from their pen.