Ashley's goats on Camera

Discussion in 'Kidding Koral' started by sweetgoats, Apr 8, 2010.

1. sweetgoats

sweetgoats Moderator

Oct 18, 2007
    Peyton CO.
    Well, I have been watching her and the goat. It looked like she washed with something and started to help the doe and the baby, looked like she goat the head out and then she stood up and shut the camera off.

Hope it all is ok. :pray:

2. sweetgoats

sweetgoats Moderator

Oct 18, 2007
    Peyton CO.
    Back on again. So far one what looks to be a very little baby. Great job Ashley. Looks like more to come.

OOPS, I guess two so far.

3. RunAround

RunAround New Member

Feb 17, 2008
    Massachusetts
    Yeah, first kid, buck of course, caused lots of trouble. I could feel the nose and one hoof, so I was ok with that. I've delivered a bunch like that recently. But Sea wasn't progressing. So I felt again and the hoof was farther back and the nose was coming. So i figured it was two at once but couldn't get in to get the hoof back more at that point so just decided to try and pull him out by his jaw. He came as far as his head, but wouldn't budge. That's when I decided I was probably going to have to go way in and scrubbed up. Pushed his head back enough that I could feel his chest and that the leg was indeed his. So I managed to loop my finger around it and pull that forward. After a few more good pushes from Sea he came out and I put the cam back on. Then the doe came out with part of the placenta and her cord was already broken. (could tell cause all the blood was coming from her belly.) So the Boy not only got stuck but broke his sisters cord. Little bugger!!!

But healthy, happy, :kidred: :kidblue: :stars:

4. sweetgoats

sweetgoats Moderator

Oct 18, 2007
    Peyton CO.
  5. toth boer goats

toth boer goats Moderator Staff Member Supporting Member

Jul 20, 2008
    Corning California
    Congrats ...that is wonderful.... :greengrin: :thumb:

6. magilacudy

magilacudy Member

Mar 18, 2009
    Ontario
    Looks like things are moving along. She's pawing and looked to be contracting.

7. magilacudy

magilacudy Member

Mar 18, 2009
    Ontario
  8. RunAround

RunAround New Member

Feb 17, 2008
    Massachusetts
    Thanks, just got up. :ZZZ:

9. StaceyRosado

StaceyRosado Administrator Staff Member Supporting Member

Oct 4, 2007
    NJ
    im watching - yay may finally get to see a goat of yours kid on cam!

10. StaceyRosado

Oct 4, 2007
    NJ
    anyone know what two fingers means? boy or girl?

11. magilacudy

magilacudy Member

Mar 18, 2009
    Ontario
    I'm with you Stacey. Finally saw my first one too! lol

12. StaceyRosado

Oct 4, 2007
    NJ
    ashley seems happy im going to venture a guess that its a girl

13. StaceyRosado

Oct 4, 2007
    NJ
    ok got the call -- Ashley says its a black and white single doe kid :) :kidred:

14. Anna

Anna New Member

Oct 16, 2007
    Fayette, AL
    OH MY GOODNESS! WHAT A CUTE BABY!

15. Goat Crazy

Goat Crazy New Member

Feb 8, 2010
    NE Ohio
    I thought I would post this conversation between me and my little brother who's 4 he walked up when I had the cam on and looked for a second then asked.......

Sam: Is that goat having a baby? Me: Yes Sam: Is it our goat in the barn? ME: No Sam: Oh, When are all of your goats going to have a baby? Me: I don't know Sam Is that emily (one of my goats) Me: No, this is somebody else's goat Sam: Whats her name then? Me: sheila (right?) Sam: Are your goats going to have two babys? Me: I don't know. Sam (when the kid was born) Look it didn't die! Me: Yep ( our goat kidded in march with a breach and the baby didn't make it).

:stars: Congratulations :stars: