Aspen kidded! Pictures page 9

Discussion in 'Kidding Koral' started by StaceyRosado, Mar 27, 2008.

1. StaceyRosado

StaceyRosado Administrator Staff Member Supporting Member

Oct 4, 2007
    NJ
    ok I have some questions.

This year Sweet Pea is a first freshioner and she is 30 days from 145 day mark. She has had an udder for some weeks now. It is so cute!
    March 13th
    [attachment=0:3e10t7hz]Copy of march 13th 001.jpg[/attachment:3e10t7hz]
    March 26th
    [attachment=1:3e10t7hz]sweet peas udder.jpg[/attachment:3e10t7hz]
    Aspen is a second freshioner and due the same day. she has hardly any udder!

Sweet Pea looks to possibly have twins (fingers crossed) while Aspen would put me on the floor if she had more then 1, she is so tiny.

Do you think this has anything to do with the udder developement? Aspen uddered up pretty early last year and her udder was decent size for a first freshioner so I am stumped this year why it is taking so long. :scratch:

(no udder pics of Aspen due to her not letting me behind her - oh and no udder!)

Attached Files:

2. Sweet Gum Minis

Sweet Gum Minis New Member

Oct 6, 2007
    Easley, SC
    Re: udder developement

She looks like she has about the same amount of udder on most of my does a month out. My last two due right now are the only ones who don't have much of an udder and its throwing me for a loop!

3. liz

liz Well-Known Member

Oct 5, 2007
    Shelocta PA

Stacey, Sweet Pea's udder looks alot like Binky's did at Christmas and she kidded on 1/23...just wait she'll balloon up in no time! Aspen being small could still give you twins....they hide babies VERY well!

4. StaceyRosado

Oct 4, 2007
    NJ

yah I figured Sweet Peas was normal but I was perplexed about Aspen.

Well last night i was able to catch her and low and behold she has an udder! and it might be bigger then Sweet peas! So I guess I don't have to worry about her.

Really liz I would be SUPER surprised with more then one from Aspen. She hardly looks big enough to be pregnant!

5. liz

liz Well-Known Member

Oct 5, 2007
    Shelocta PA

Believe me I too wondered how Binky gave me twins because I truly did not think she was big enough, she and Aspen look alot alike in build as well as color and Aspen is "deep" in the belly area so she just may surprise you...I hope :girl: :girl: and Sweet Pea will give you :girl: :boy: .

6. StaceyRosado

Oct 4, 2007
    NJ

I will get new pictures of them both so you guys can give my your oppions on their size.

I will try to shave a bit around their udders too because i really want to watch them grow and see when they get really tight

7. StaceyRosado

Oct 4, 2007
    NJ

Sweet Peas udder today
    [​IMG]

sweet pea and aspen
    [​IMG]

Aspen's udder from today
    [​IMG]

Aspen from above
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

From side
    [​IMG]

sweet pea side
    [​IMG]

from above
    [​IMG]

8. hornless

hornless New Member

Oct 5, 2007

I love it when they get the first bit of udder in..BTW, nice little udder on Aspen-too bad she's not reg., I'd be interested to see how she does at shows.

9. StaceyRosado

Oct 4, 2007
    NJ

thanks for the complements. I am hoping to milk her. My aunt really wants the fresh goats milk so if my brothers won't drink it I know she will use it. I may even make a little money off it too. But knowing my aunt she will want to purchase a half gallon for like 50cents :hair:

10. goatnutty

goatnutty Active Member

Oct 9, 2007
    South East,IN

We aren't even aloud to sell our milk at all.

11. StaceyRosado

Oct 4, 2007
    NJ

we aren't either, so shhhhh

12. goatnutty

goatnutty Active Member

Oct 9, 2007
    South East,IN

Thats the reason we quit raising dairy goaays.They produced more milk than we could use and we couldn't sell it.

13. liz

liz Well-Known Member

Oct 5, 2007
    Shelocta PA

Aww Stacey, I like baby bellies!! I will say though that you will be surprised come May, They are both long in body and like I said, they can hide those babies pretty good! :girl: :girl: :girl: :boy: ( Just a guess)

14. StaceyRosado

Oct 4, 2007
    NJ

Liz I SO hope you are right. But I am not going to get my hopes up. Last year Destiny had enough movement in her to have triplets but she only had one! And everyone was SURE Misty had twins but she only had a single. :shrug: I am terrible with guessing!

I can't feel kids in anyone but Sweet Pea. :(

15. Frozenloc2

Frozenloc2 Guest

Jan 12, 2008

Off topic I know, but why can't you sell the milk?

16. StaceyRosado

Oct 4, 2007
    NJ

different states have different laws on if you can or can't sell raw milk from your farm. some states say you can sell it for animal use, but what people do with it after they leave your place it is up to them. It is a health risk if someone doesn't take the right precautions when milking their does. I see the reasoning but it does make it difficult.

Some staes you can be certified as a grade A dairy and then are able to sell raw or pasterized milk off your farm.

in the state of NJ you can't do it PERIOD. Very sad

If I "sell" it to my aunt, she would have to turn me in to have anyone "find out" and that would be a conflict of interest due to her wanting the milk from me.

17. Frozenloc2

Frozenloc2 Guest

Jan 12, 2008

I see the reasoning I suppose but like I always say, it's that persons decision to take that risk or not and should be no penalty to the owner. Just another way to be controlled yet again.

18. Suellen

Suellen New Member

Mar 9, 2008
    Paragonah, Utah

Your goats are adorable. Goats are so cute! can you tell I love goats? Suellen

19. StaceyRosado

Oct 4, 2007
    NJ

thanks.

I wouldn't expect anything less from someone who is a part of a goat message board ;)

20. StaceyRosado

Oct 4, 2007
    NJ

at feeding time tonight I was checking everyone over and they all got wormed. Then later I was viewing Aspen from about 6-7 feet away and I was surprised to see her looking rounder. :cool: She is finally looking pregnant! But this happened last year to and I got my hopes up for twins and she only had a single buckling - 4lbs so not all that big.

My "house" as I am calling Misty is getting bigger and bigger almost by the day. She is so cute and round. She carries high so that is why she looks so big. No real udder developement for her but she isn't due till mid May anyway.

Now Destiny doesn't look pregnant, can't feel a kid but she maybe starting an udder - hard to tell on her since she always has a tiny udder anyway. This would be her 4th freshioning.