Aspen's Udder 10 hours full 1 week fresh

Discussion in 'Dairy Diaries' started by StaceyRosado, May 6, 2008.

1. StaceyRosado

StaceyRosado Administrator Staff Member Supporting Member

Oct 4, 2007
    NJ
    I don't have an accurate amount on how much was in there because she wouldnt' let her milk down. But I did get a cup and I know there was more then that still in there as teh kids nursed easily when I let them out

Her leg is covering her right teat
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

(hornless her doeling is still available ;) )
    [​IMG]

2. goathappy

goathappy New Member

Oct 5, 2007
    Illinois
    Its pretty nice, very round, fairly wide, not as high as I'd like to see but I don't see many nigerians that have really high rear udders, teat placement is good, a little wide, and she has a good medial.

When you milk her, try bumping her udder hard to make her milk come down, and massage it from top to bottom.

3. StaceyRosado

Oct 4, 2007
    NJ
    I will try that again tomorrow -- for now I am mixing his milk

I did massage really well but with no real results.

4. liz

liz Active Member

Oct 5, 2007
    Shelocta PA
    Stacey, she's looking very good!! Her teats are not too wide apart, and they look to point down as opposed to being too forward...medial looks good and attachments look fine also. As I had mentioned before, besides bumping up firmly, try the warm compress to help the vessels relax, she will let down for you eventually.

5. hornless

hornless New Member

Oct 5, 2007
    It does look good, nice attachments- especially for an unreg. doe! That doeling is killing me- will have to PM you :)

6. Sweet Gum Minis

Sweet Gum Minis New Member

Oct 6, 2007
    Easley, SC
    Most does hold milk for their kids so they won't milk out completely so that's normal. She doesn't look too bad for an unregistered doe. :)

7. StaceyRosado

Oct 4, 2007
    NJ
    I took pictures this morning her udder is to die for -- well in my oppion anyway. will post updated pictures

I got ones of Sweet pea too Hornless :wink: