The Goat Spot Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Breeding Dual Registered American Oberhasli For Da
169 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Goat babies are coming soon at my In-Laws and we are all getting excited to snuggle them! I know you can't handle Lute, Oxy, or anything like that. Is there anything else I'm missing?
TIA!

·
Registered
14,606 Posts
And be careful! I have never been knocked down or bruised up so often with my cows then I do my goats! They are smaller but they still are big enough to knock you down or hit you enough that it hurts. We all want to make sure to help any animal that needs it but make sure you never put yourself in a position that might harm you or your baby. If the goat has to wait for you to get backup it has to wait. I’m not sure how far along you are but at some point you are going to realize you are not as fast or steady on your feet any more........your a bit front heavy lol

·
Registered
4,249 Posts
Yeah to all the above! I had 4 sons, raised horses and had a cattle and goat dairy farm, so I delivered lots of babies of all sizes while pregnant. I even had to handle Oxytocin and Lute when dealing with the cows, but I made sure I had the long plastic sleeves worn over double the latex gloves so there was no skin contact with the meds.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts