At Peace At Last

Discussion in 'Rainbow Bridge' started by hprice3920, Jun 24, 2008.

1. hprice3920

hprice3920 New Member

Nov 21, 2007
    :(
    My Silky fainter boy (George) with the heart murmur passed away late Saturday. I got home late to find him hardly alive and his faithful pal cuddled next to him. It was a sad sight to witness. I often wonder if animals feel for others that die. I think goats do because his buddy Wendell still crys for him and when I am out in the yard he wants me to hold him. I sat with him Sunday and he just put his head in my lap. He looked so sad and I almost feel like he was trying to comfort me. I know that seems silly.
    I know George is in a better place and he will be missed everyday. :cry:
    George(White/Brown Silky Fainter) and Wendell (black nigerian)
    [​IMG]

2. enjoytheride

enjoytheride New Member

Oct 5, 2007
    Humboldt Co Ca
    They are both so beautiful- my heart aches for little George too. I know that animals miss their buddies- I have seen horses miss certain companions who moved away then greet each other joyfully later. I hope that you and Wendell can take comfort in each other.

3. sweetgoats

sweetgoats Moderator

Oct 18, 2007
    Peyton CO.
    OH what dolls. I am sorry about the loss. I do believe YES they do know and feel like we do.

When my Liz died, her daughter and Grand daughter use to hang out with her ALL the time. The day she passed, they left her side and went out to the pasture. They came back to the barn and you could just see them looking for her, kind of like "I want to see her but I do not want to look". We had her covered wit ha tarp until we could barrie her that night.

4. liz

liz Active Member

Oct 5, 2007
    Shelocta PA
    I am so sorry for your loss, it's heartbreaing when we lose a special friend and even more heartbreaking to know that "their" buddies mourn the loss too. George knows his buddy is gone and yes he was comforting you as much as you were him :love: :hug:

5. nhsmallfarmer

nhsmallfarmer New Member

Apr 14, 2008
    New Hampshire
    so sorry for your loss :hug:

6. deenak

deenak New Member

Oct 10, 2007
    Ames Iowa
    Oh my gosh that brought tears to my eyes. I really do think that animals miss each other when one of them passes on. So sorry for your loss.

7. goathappy

goathappy New Member

Oct 5, 2007
    Illinois
    I'm so sorry for your loss, he was just precious :hug: