Athena and Ari pics

Discussion in 'Photogenic' started by TexasRanger, Oct 31, 2010.

1. TexasRanger

TexasRanger New Member

Feb 2, 2010
    San Antonio, TX
    Ari and Athena are doeling twins born on October 10, 2010. The dam is a Miniature Silky Fainter cross (we think Nigerian) and who knows what. She came already bred, the lady had no clue. If you remember I got Brigitte back in July, she came from a bad situation (thousands of cats, 8 dogs running around, chickens, etc) and was fed only cat food. She was in a pen with a pygmy, a huge mixed buck and an elderly fainting wether. Any breed guess would be appreciated. Plus what color is Ari? (I know the pics are terrible, my camera still refuses to download, so I have to use my phone. :angry: )

[​IMG]
    Athena on the "playground".
    [​IMG]
    Ari the blur. :GAAH:
    [​IMG]
    Athena "Snicker Surfing", they also do this to Bunny and Mama Brigitte.
    [​IMG]
    Ari says, "Me too!"
    [​IMG]
    So the "jewelry" fanatics can drool. What is her color called? I am deffinatly retaining Ari, she is sooo cute and friendly. I could spend two hours sitting on the ground with her climbing on me, rubbing herself on my like a cat and nursing on/licking my hand and perching on my shoulder. Athena is just not friendly enough for me, she is friendly, just to "regular goat" for me. So if anyone is interested. :ponder:

2. SDK

SDK New Member

Jun 26, 2008
    Yucaipa ca
    ari is a chamoisee and white

3. TexasRanger

TexasRanger New Member

Feb 2, 2010
    San Antonio, TX
    Thank you! So they are both chamoisee? I no next to nothing about goat colors and patterns. :oops: Would she just be a "gray chamoisee"?

4. SDK

SDK New Member

Jun 26, 2008
    Yucaipa ca
    yea they both are.. athena is just redder

5. KW Farms

KW Farms Moderator Supporting Member

Jun 21, 2008
    Wapato, WA
    Awww...cute! As SDK said...they are both chamoisee...just different shades.

6. TexasRanger

TexasRanger New Member

Feb 2, 2010
    San Antonio, TX
    Is there any term for Ari's backside being almost completly white? We call it her "diaper". :greengrin:

7. liz

liz Well-Known Member

Oct 5, 2007
    Shelocta PA
    Adorable! Glad that Brigitte had an easy delivery too. Nope, no specific term for her white pants, just chamoisse and white as a pattern.

8. TexasRanger

TexasRanger New Member

Feb 2, 2010
    San Antonio, TX
    Yeah, her delivery was scary easy. I mean, one minute I look out and she's grazing and the next I hear this awful scream, I'm sure someone is caught in the fence/dying, I rush outside and she's calmly washing this blob of goo that is Ari. Five minutes later she flops down, repeats the scream and out slides Athena who lands on her head. :ROFL: I always thought prey animals would try and HIDE the fact that they are volunerable/giving birth. Do alot of goats do this, "screaming" thing? None of my other goats have done this!

9. toth boer goats

toth boer goats Moderator Staff Member Supporting Member

Jul 20, 2008
    Corning California
    very cute.... :thumb: :greengrin: