The Goat Spot Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Boers & Nubians
1,938 Posts
I'm sorry, I am kind of clueless sometimes, but what is stacking?

Your does look pretty in their short hair!! I like that greyish one. :D

·
Banned
43 Posts
Stacking is the act of positioning an animal so that it's type is shown to best advantage, putting it into a show pose.

I hate to be discouraging, but neither one of these goats will be very competetive if there are other, show quality animals entered.

·
Registered
1,057 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Stacking is the act of positioning an animal so that it's type is shown to best advantage, putting it into a show pose.

I hate to be discouraging, but neither one of these goats will be very competetive if there are other, show quality animals entered.
Can u specifically tell me why they wouldn't do well? Many other users in here and friends of mine who show think otherwise. I just think you came across very rude.

·
962 Posts
I don't exactly agree with you Sensible. The Nubian doe (IMO) looks pretty good in the first photo where she in loined. The other photos don't show the does as good since they both look to be a bit roached at the loin. I feel on the move these does would look a lot better. Good judges will be able to determine a goat's conformation when they are not stacked and on the move since it seems these does weren't set up to display them to their full advantage.

Good Luck!! :D

·
Goat Girl
2,018 Posts
I think they look like pretty nice does. I do think they probably don't like being set up yet and are roaching their backs some, but if you continue to work with them they should get more comfortable with it. They are just babies and kids tend to be more obstinate about being set up. When you do go to pinch their backs just use your thumb and forefinger and pinch them a couple inches in front of their hips, just around the spine. Some goats you have to pinch pretty hard to get them to react, and with kids I usually don't make a big fuss out of it because it is hard enough for them to stand still let alone stand still and squat down. lol

They look pretty big for 4 months, how much do they weigh? Nice growthy kids usually do really well at the shows around me.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts