Auction barn cattle

Discussion in 'Cattle' started by Nigerian dwarf goat, Feb 23, 2019.

1. Nigerian dwarf goat

Nigerian dwarf goat Well-Known Member

Sep 24, 2017
    Texas
    I brought one of my low-line, purebred Angus to the auction barn today because she wasn't getting bred, and she has been with the bull for 2 years now. She was palpated, and she wasn't pregnant, so I got rid of her. right, when she was put with a few other cows (all bigger than her I might add) she was immediately the herd queen! She is full of attitude! Just loading her up in the trailer took over an hour because of her stubbornness! There was a pair a mom and a little female calf that I really wanted (mom was crazier than a pet coon, but I figured she might settle down by the time she was away from the stress of the auction barn) When the pair come out into the ring, the auctioneer informed the crowd that the baby hadn't had her first milk yet, and mama wanted nothing to do with baby, so I decided against getting them. I got 540.40 for the cow I sold, (I bought her for 300$ I believe she used to be a ropin' calf). I don't get to the auction barn much (although it is a half mile from my house, and I could easily walk there if I wanted to) but I don't really like going anyway... I feel bad for the cows there lol I know I'm a softie!

SalteyLove likes this.
  2. ksalvagno

ksalvagno Moderator Staff Member Supporting Member

Glad you made a profit.

Nigerian dwarf goat likes this.

3. toth boer goats

toth boer goats Moderator Staff Member Supporting Member

Jul 20, 2008
    Corning California
  4. Dawg1419

Dawg1419 Member

Jan 22, 2019
    Georgia
    I love animal auctions I just never buy anything. Went to one last Wednesday and everything looked horrible but I still enjoyed it quite a bit.

Nigerian dwarf goat likes this.