The Goat Spot Forum banner
41 - 46 of 46 Posts

·
Registered
31,500 Posts
Yes...could very well be the shot, ...you can put a cold pack on the shot area...help with the discomfort..

Anemia take time to recover from...keep with red cell, until you see good color....

temps are good : )

·
Registered
187 Posts
Discussion Starter · #42 · (Edited)
Gave the second shot just now. 3cc to Judy and .5cc to Color following the daily plan Fiasco Farms gave for 3cc/100lbs. Judy should really be 3.5cc but I thought I gave her 6cc yesterday so maybe that would have just "jump started" things and 3cc would be fine....

Please correct me if I'm wrong.

They both took the shot like a trooper! The 18g needle SubQ was way better and went easier!

Here's a picture of Judy after her shot today and Color not really wanting to be social. (she's funny, sometimes she likes me and most times she wants to run under Judy)

Attachments

·
Registered
31,500 Posts
so glad they took it better...poor Gals..they will feel better for it soon...

·
Registered
187 Posts
Discussion Starter · #46 · (Edited)
Just gave them their, Equi-cell, B and Antibiotic shots. After Color and I had a bonding moment. (she's still a little skiddish of me.... maybe because every time I see her if I don't have milk I have something to stick her with)

When I was scratching Judy I noticed she had something that looked like the pictures I've seen of bottle jaw, but it was between her legs going across in a U shape. (One end of the U being at one leg and the other end being at the other. The bowl of the U facing toward her front)

Should I be worried about that? I don't know what it is and I don't remember ever seeing or not seeing it before. It could have been there the whole time.

Poop is solid, oddly shaped and dark in Judy.

Poop is solid, round, and brown in Color.

Edit/Note: Thank you for moving this to "Health & Wellness". I think we're out of 911 at this point.

41 - 46 of 46 Posts