audio moniter

Discussion in 'Kidding Koral' started by AlaskaBoers, Jul 14, 2008.

1. AlaskaBoers

AlaskaBoers New Member

May 6, 2008
    Wasilla Alaska
    does anyone here use saftey 1st audio moniter. to tell when their doe goes into labor? was wondering if anyone was succesful using it.
  2. StaceyRosado

StaceyRosado Administrator Staff Member Supporting Member

Oct 4, 2007
    like a baby monitor? yah I hear of people using them all the time

3. AlaskaBoers

AlaskaBoers New Member

May 6, 2008
    Wasilla Alaska
    yeah a baby moniter. i thought i wouldnt have to make many trips out to the barn.
  4. Sweet Gum Minis

Sweet Gum Minis New Member

Oct 6, 2007
    Easley, SC
    Yeah I use a baby monitor for nighttime. I can hear the doe yell when she goes in labor. Now if the doe doesn't yell there's not a lot else to let you know she's kidded. Nearly all of mine do though.
  5. rlittlecritters

rlittlecritters New Member

Apr 26, 2008
    Lynden, Washington
    I also use a baby monitor. Don't think I have acutally used it to tell me when a doe was in labor cause I go out and check so often and they have all given me signs before bedtime that they were kidding soon, but it did get my husband out of bed and to come check on me (not necessarily help) when one doe did start yelling. So it would have worked if I hadn't already been out there.
  6. AlaskaBoers

AlaskaBoers New Member

May 6, 2008
    Wasilla Alaska
    thanks, i went and got one, now i'm listening to ;goats chewing cud. hmm, not really exciting. but i will know if it pays off. thanks again.
  7. Di

Di Crazy Goat Lady

Jan 29, 2008
    central PA
    I use a baby monitor. I really liked it. Even if it didn't actually tell me that they were in did tell me they "weren't" which is just as good. I'm getting a video camera this year. Good luck with your girls, they are very pretty.
  8. liz

liz Active Member

Oct 5, 2007
    Shelocta PA
    I've used one for the last 6 years....and when I know they are close by showing me the signs they usually do...squatting, sitting, being peg legged as well as loose ligs and discharge, I tend to go to bed with the moniter on my pillow...A change in breathing...grunty like usually gets me up to the barn...and back again once I see that she's going to be awhile...a good holler gets me running to the barn at breakneck speed.
  9. sweetgoats

sweetgoats Moderator

Oct 18, 2007
    Peyton CO.
    I use them also. Sometimes for me they are more of a pain then they are worth. I hear every little noise (I know that is what they are for), and I am always thinking that is it, so i go running out and it is just someone stretching or something. But that said I will NOT go without one.
  10. all1965

all1965 New Member

Oct 6, 2007
    We have camera in the barn with a monitor in the house. The monitor is balck and white and has sound. It can hold up to 4 cameras but we only have 2. The only downfall is that we had to run a cord for each camera from the barn to the house.
  11. AlaskaBoers

AlaskaBoers New Member

May 6, 2008
    Wasilla Alaska
    thanks, i hope i will get to see the births, every time they have kidded i am either asleep, or at school. now schools out so i can divert my attention to my goats. im lucky that i've never had a doe have trouble kidding
  12. capriola-nd

capriola-nd New Member

Jul 6, 2008
    Northwest Oregon
    We use a baby monitor and it is very helpful.